Good starter FPV micro quad

Discussion in 'Ready to Fly Quads' started by Gigon, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Gigon

Gigon New Member

Hello,
    I’m interested in trying FPV quad racing but I’m not ready to invest alot of time or money into it until I have tried it out first to make sure that I’m going to enjoy it. I have been looking for a cheap and easy to setup RTF micro quad to practice with. Below is a list of micro quads I believe to have a full rate/acro mode. (I would have included the Eachine H8 in this list but it looks like it takes a little bit of work to flash the firmware to get rate/acro mode onto it.) Can anyone confirm the quads on this list all have a rate/acro mode? Of the ones that have full rate/acro mode, which one would you recommend learning to fly FPV with? (my plan is to solder on a FPV camera kit onto it like they do with the TinyWhoop, and fly it around my house and backyard)

Walkera QR Ladybird
    Blade Nano QX
    Floureon H101

mozquito1 likes this.
  2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

mozquito1 likes this.
  3. Crash!

Crash! www.lapdrone.com

4. Gabriel Yee

Gabriel Yee Well-Known Member

Of these I do not like the flying lady bug Walkera and did not try the H101, so I would recommend the Nano QX. Cheap and fun to fly and with the FPV version you do not need to solder any camera!

5. QuadGuy

QuadGuy New Member

Surprisingly, there are a couple FPV quads in this list that are super cheap. Looks like the tech is really starting to catch up

6. mozquito1

mozquito1 i built a quad, & the damn thing flies.

I couldn't agree more this is the type of hobby were you have to see past the fun bit to know how it works. Because crashes are inevitable, anyone with any sense getting into this hobby knows its going to happen.
    It ain't hard to fix these things. Just costly when they break. Your not going to get very far if you buy rtf only to have to send it away to be repaired the first crash you have or learn what you should already know how to fix it by building your own from scratch.
    I built my own to get into the hobby which was May 2016 I have made 23 quads since, most for other people. If they cant fix them I charge a small fee. Or favor for a favor. Unless your a buddy.