Reggae Shark Brushed 135mm FPV Micro Quadcopter: Build & Fly

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Michael Grabner, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Michael Grabner

Michael Grabner Minion at RCFPVFlight.com

Hi guys!

In this video we take a look at the Reggae Shark 135-size frame for 8.5mm brushed motors by Micro Motor Warehouse. We put it together and take it out flying to conquer the mighty seas of the sky! This thing is a blast - enjoy!

If you like this video, please subscribe to support my channel: https://www.youtube.com/RCFPVFlight?sub_confirmation=1

Many thanks and all the best,
    Michael

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Awesome! I want one! I need one.................Too bad they're not available in the US

3. Michael Grabner

Many thanks mate :) They area actually sold out in the US warehouse at the moment, really a pitty :-(. You could always order them from AUS, which would take a bit longer though.

4. RENOV8R

Thanks, may have look. I'm in no rush, as I've already ordered the FC and other goodies for this little beast from China.

5. RENOV8R

I took your advice and ordered the frame from the AU warehouse, together with their 8.5X20 fast motors, mounts and bottoms. I have the Scysky micro FC and Hubsan X4 55mm props. I've got lots of 1S batteries in the 480-600 mah range, so all I need to decide on is an FPV setup. I'm concidering an all-in-one unit, something like this

http://www.banggood.com/Lantian-5_8...egrated-with-Antenna-and-Mount-p-1056698.html

6. Michael Grabner

7. RENOV8R

Jeez, it's always something. Got the Sciski FC today and didn't read the specs closely. Wouldn't you know it, it's only compatible with DSR2 compatible transmitters which my AT9 doesn't do. I could just use a board out of one of my toy quads, which would work. OR I could get an OrangeRC TX which does DSM2. OR I could get a decent Spektrum TX which would work plus I could use it on my 650 Sport as the ZYX=M has the option of using 2 DSMX recievers and just use the AT9 for my ZMR250. Decisions, decisions..................

8. Michael Grabner

It was the same for me and the Taranis. I got a DSM2 module for the Taranis (the OrangeRX one) since I wanted to absolutely avoid adding any gramm of additional weight to the copter :)

9. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

I use an at9 also along with my ZYX-M fc. I couldnt get my spektrum satellite receivers to bind for anything. I know this is slightly off topic but maybe someone could use this info...

10. RENOV8R

Of course, Spektrum uses a total different protocol than Radiolink. In fact, I just got the updated AT9S, and even the R9D receiver won't bind with it. But the new R9DS receiver will bind with the original AT9S

11. Wildwelder

Thanks for that info Renov8r. Didnt know. Although the ZYX-M has inputs for dsm-1 and dsm-2. Could you clarify their incompatibility for me? Not trying to be a wise guy here i just want to learn this.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  12. RENOV8R

The incompatibility I was referring to was between the AT9 and the Spektrum receiver. Sure the ZYX-M will work with a Spektrum receiver, but you'd need a Spektrum (or other DSMX compatible) transmitter. Hope that makes sense.

13. Wildwelder

Ok yes it does thanks. It seems my transmitter and flight controller ate incompatable in the satellite reciever category. Transmitter is dsss and fc is dsm/x.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016