so you want a quadcopter or multirotor

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by holtneil, Dec 2, 2013.

1. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6x1 Moderator

7.6a? How many KV?

2. GJH105775

Also your ESCs can't get too high of an amperage rating, but those would be pretty heavy for a motor than can only draw 8 amps. Is this a 250mm frame?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  3. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate you can run the esc on them motors its nice to have overkill then you can mess with prop sizes and pitch and not have to up the ESC

4. Proxxii

Proxxii Well-Known Member

These are DYS 1806/2300kv motors. Yes, This is a 250 frame.

5. holtneil

Hi I run 30 amp esc on a motor that only pulled 19 amps the esc never got hot , but this let me up prop size to a 10x4.7 and then up the motors at a later date

6. GJH105775

I'd suggest 5x4.7 or 4x4.7x3 props and smaller ESCs if it does not have enough thrust to make you happy. After these motors are finished I'd suggest Multistar Elite for quality, or Cobra for Quality and performance.

7. Dave Scott

Dave Scott Owner of rcflightschool.com

8. muavdrones

muavdrones New Member

We manufacture our own ZUPPA autopilots which completely designed by us from scratch and all coding is done by us .

Our unique core technology that goes into creating ZUPPA products makes it possible for “ Anybody to Fly Any type of Drone “ both fixed wing and multicopters . Website: www.muav.in

9. Husqy510

Husqy510 New Member

Hello all, I'm new to quadcopters and completely overwhelmed. I'm trying to buy one for my dad's birthday in a couple weeks. I'm sure this has been covered a million times but I'm having a tough time finding the right one.

I would like to keep it under $700 and below are my priorities in order.

Easy to fly ( dad isn't all that coordinated)
    Fpv capable
    Auto land and return home feature
    I'd like the ability to follow us while wake boarding
    Good range
    Available parts for repair

Thanks

10. Quadcopter102

Quadcopter102 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info..... I thought I was just stupid!

SpyKing...

BangGood do offer free shipping.... but its actually built into the item price - one way or the other...BUT any issues they will refund to payPal or resend with little hassle. Justifiably - they will ask for photos or video of problems .
    I currently have had 68 orders with them and includes just 8 which were either busted in someway ( dead cc3d) or never arrived and I think they are down to AusPost. 2 they cancelled because one of the items in the order was out of stock - but a speedy refund to PayPal.
    I am not an affiliate or get anything from BangGood that I do not pay for..

My entry to this forum 18 months or so ago..was due to bad experience with the sister of GearBest - EverBuying and a rubbish Syma X8W.

HobbyKing are OK... but they charge high rates for DHP , UPS etc,. basic shipping recently cost me au$10.90 ( on top of a au$49 order) and took 14 days to arrive. Their HQ is in Hong Kong and they have stores in Aussie, UK and USA - it seems big items or things more than US$100 always seem to be only in "Global" which is Hong Kong and shipping is high.

If you buy any RTF quad or ARF and need to get your own Transmitter/RX - look at what spare parts you can get old of - because one crash can result in a month of waiting for spares.
    The best option - for many - is to build your own" Go to the Free University of Quad building - better known as YouTube and and search anything close to quadcopter builds.

Be advised - quad flying is NOT an hobby or simple pastime....its an ADICTION.... as you will find.... :)

11. Hey guys I have an odd question. I have a sky viper 2400 hd (yes it is a piece of junk) and im wanting to break into 3d flying the website says it runs a proprietary version of cleanflight after opening the quad up I saw it has a molex connection does anyone know if I can wipe out the original software and load to newest version of cleanflight to enable 3d flying and pid control?? Thanks in advance

12. subbmitt

subbmitt Member

Hi im buying my first racing quad and fpv . im looking at 2 quads and was wanting some imput on what the better option would be .
    Eachine Falcon 250 Pro VS Eachine Wizard x220

13. holtneil

Hi as far as I can see the falcon is bigger has better antennas for the FPV but you can fit better antennas to the 220
    I like the idea of it all in a case there is not a lot of difference between them motors are the same the 250 is fast the camera on the 250 is on a jello mount to stop vibrations
    If it was me I would go the falcon