so you want a quadcopter or multirotor

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by holtneil, Dec 2, 2013.

1. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

what is the little satallite thing that is on top of some the the quads

2. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

just order the the phantom now gotta wait the longest week of my life lol

3. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

one more question what size li-po do i need i know its xt-60 connection just not sure the Mah some say 2200 and some say 3000. want to buy extra and where is the best place to buy replacement blades and the blade protector things ?

4. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

and whats a nice little quad i could buy like those little micro ones

5. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi Jimmy if your going for the Phantom it runs fine on a 2200mah this will give you 15mins approx there is a mount that comes with the lead so you can run 2 x 2200mah at the same time so gives you 4400mah so about 30 mins flight time , Hobby king or e bay does props and protectors for the Phantom if its the Phantom 1 then they are self tightening props , the phantom will come with 2 sets any way

6. holtneil

Hi look at the cheerson cx10 is good so is the CG022

7. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

so i can already run two right away thats awesome and are carbon fibre blades worth the money ? and should i just get batteries from hobbyking also

8. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

also does ti matter for the li-po if i get 20c 25c or 30c i think it means the power the li-po puts out

9. holtneil

Ho Jimmy your need a plate off e bay to run 2 batterys at the same time , carbon are better to fly on less flex, on the battery that the C rate which is how fast can it put the power out 30c has more punch hobby king is the cheapest for batteries

10. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

I went to my hobby shop bought a ominus for 70 dollars for practice before I fly my phamtom

11. holtneil

That sounds nice the Phantom is easy your do it with your eyes closed

12. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

I hope so cause I flew the ominus right on my neighbors roof within 5 minutes and had to get a ladder to get it off lol.

13. holtneil

I have done the same when doing the review of the CG022 for the forum it went over next doors so I had to get on the low roof and keep hitting the throttle till I could see it lol, the phantom wont do that watch this it will help you know what HL/CL/IOC

14. Fuzzlybot

Fuzzlybot Member

Wow, great videos. Question though, how did you get over the fear of messing up when you first started building your own? Or did it kinda come just naturally and without much worry.

15. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

I don't know about holtneil, but I have done a lot of similar stuff before and building it came almost naturally, but for most things in general like flying I just keep messing things up until I get it right :).

16. holtneil

Hi I started with CP helis , building and flying , every thing else is easy after that

17. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

My phantom is falling over when I take off I know the blades are on right I can't figure it out

18. GJH105775

Check the weight distribution, and maybe recalibrate the gyro on flat surface.

19. jimmy

jimmy Active Member

How do I calibrate gyro?

20. GJH105775

Here is a good video