ive built my quad but now its too sensitive and has a minuscule sweetspot

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by jack birchall, Feb 3, 2018.

1. jack birchall

jack birchall New Member

hi everyone i am new to the hobby and i managed to build a full quadcopter by following the very well known $99 dollar quad from uavfutures.

ive been try to fix this one issue of my quad being very sensitive even at 10%-15% throttle or less straight after takeoff. this problem i believe is to do with my motors that may be faulty as i have had other issue with them in the past weeks when building the quad.

when i arm the quad and take off it seem fine for 1 second at a 1 high ish metre hover , but then it starts to fall very slowly , so when i correct this by adding the smallest and i mean the smallest amount of throttle it shoots up and i end up disarming it and catching as it comes down.

i have watch many video on how to calibrate and tune my quad and havent seen any improvement .
    iam currently using dshot300 as my esc recommend as well as blheli .
    and before somebody says i dont re correct after i have calibrate it.

so if anybody has any suggestion i would love to hear them
    thanks - jack

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Nobody explains RC Rates better than JB. This should give you a better understanding of how to control your quad to your feel

3. jack birchall

jack birchall New Member

thanks i will check it out

4. jack birchall

jack birchall New Member

one thing

are rates including the throttle as this is the only problem at the moment

5. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like his settings are off.
    Perhaps try resetting the pids.
    Do a board reset in the setup tab next to gyro calibration & do not load any backup settings. Just setup the modes & failsafe.
    Then see how it flies. If it still persists then it's probably the esc settings as the pids & rates have just been reset.
    Throttle is a thing to master. Even if you do sort it out. Have you messed with the throttle mid-point, you might have brought it right down.
    Instead if having 25% throttle at 25% stick you can have 100% throttle.
    Or you could have 2foot long sticks, that would counteract speed :D

6. mozquito1

What esc's & protocol are you using.
    In bl-heli configuration tool, check all the point are where they should be.
    I have mine at 1020 + 1980 same in betaflight. This is for other reasons.

7. jack birchall

jack birchall New Member

i will do that thanks , iwill get back to you when a new receiver comes as mine broke during todays flight

8. mozquito1

Are you sure. How will did it break. Antennas are easily fixable.