1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrade from record cam to fpv cam

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by David Irwin, Jan 8, 2017.

1. David Irwin

David Irwin New Member

Hi everyone.
    I'm totally new to all this. Just got a drone for Christmas.
    Getting to grips with the flight controls now finally after a few new protectors and blades have been added. Lol.
    My question to you is.......
    I would like to have a go at fpv flight rather than Los.
    Drone I have is a "sky quad plus v2" the camera on this quad allows me to record or take pics.
    The more expensive "sky quad pro v2"
    Has a fpv capable camera.
    Is it just a case of swapping over the cameras for it to work with my android smartphone. They both have the same connection port to the internal board.
    Thanks in advance for any information on this. Keen to try without spending too much money just yet.

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate it look the same as the syma quad camera and the wifi for the FPV is built in the camera does your camera plug look the same as this , this is the syma camera and you just download the syma app to your phone to link up and use
    20170106_170631.jpg 20170106_170647.jpg 20170106_170655.jpg 20170106_170703.jpg 20170106_170727.jpg

3. David Irwin

David Irwin New Member

Could you send me a link to this camera please. Looks like it would connect with both the plug and the mount.
    Am I right in thinking that the drone I have is a clone of the syma model then?
    Thank you

4. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator