SQ8 camera

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by DuaneM, Dec 18, 2016.

1. DuaneM

DuaneM Drone? I don't see any drone ... crap!

Has anyone tried these yet? I tried searching the forum, but the forum search seems to hate me today.

It's an HD 1080p video recorder and it can take 12mp stills photos for only $16.00 on eBay. It will hold a 32gb card and the battery will last 100 minutes (that's a heck of a lot longer than my toy quad can do).

I have one coming in tomorrow (I hope) and I'm hoping it will work much better than my little 2mp camera I have on my RTF toy quad now. It's super light and much lighter than the camera I have now.

If it works well, I was thinking about buying 3 more and stick them to the bottom of my quad in a cross formation for a cool panorama shot and some interesting video.

They have the next version out, the SQ9, but it's a round ball. Don't know how to stick that on a flat surface without a holder that adds weight.

Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. DuaneM

Sure wish I knew how it worked .... USPS lost it somewhere in Pennsylvania.

It's so small it probably got kicked under a cabinet and the local mice are using it for their Christmas holiday.

3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Xmas rush, everything's slow

4. DuaneM

I got the emails all at once this morning from USPS, UPS and the seller on eBay .... it will be here today!

I had ordered this back when everyone said it was the perfect time to miss out on the "Christmas Rush" I really thought I did it right.

It was sent out on December 10th, 2016. I have all the tracking stuff, watched it move through the systems of UPS and USPS smoothly and a speed I am used to seeing. It's when it got to the post office 20 miles from us, that the system halted. I've never had to deal with lost mail before, so I got all the info I had and could gather online and hit everyone with all of it. I'm not sure if it helped or hindered the situation, but it moved again.

I'll be happy when it's in my hand and then attached to my toy quadcopter.