PIDs and stabilization

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by GJH105775, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

I use
    iI use the 1 that's closest to mine ... I believe it's the middle 1 .3s with 2204 2300kv motor

2. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

Does it say with Mobius cam? I just know that I used it, thinking since I'd be using a run cam it would be about the same. It would insta-flip on take off. I'd try another download. Since its happening on both your quads, its unlikely the motors, Escs or FCBs on both quads, because the same thing is happening on both. The only common things you have going are your download or your tx and I have no idea how your tx could do that, but maybe someone will be by that knows more about your tx... other then that the download is the only common factor between the two quads... unless you have a lead weight hanging off the side of both of them which is causing it to flip. :)

3. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

Lmao no lead weight lol .... yeah it definatly seems like a setting issue but from the pics of my settings r they way off or do they seem ok ??

4. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

I'm not that good at pid settings, especially just looking at them and without seeing your quad set up. I just know that unless you have something unusual or some off balance setup, it should at least get in the air where you can then start small adjustments with pids to get it to feel the way you want it to feel while flying. Just try a different download and get back to us. If it still doesn't work we can try to enlist some smarter people to help figure out the problem. If those are default pids it should fly ( other then the zmr with Mobius, which I have personal experience with it flipping over right away). Also if you have two identical setups you can try different downloads and compare them. Try the other two ZMR downloads and maybe a couple of the QAV-250 downloads.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  5. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

Also and Im not sure if it could do this, but if you have one of your sub trim settings on your Transmitter maxed out... it could be causing the flip... maybe?

6. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

All settings on transmitter are set to neutral

7. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

Try a different download and if that doesn't work we can bug Jackson or G the Mod. There's also few guys on here with ZMRs that are farther along then I. Maybe they can take a look at your pids.

8. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

Ok I'll give it a bash tomorow and let u know

9. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Mine flies much better with the QAV 250 setup

Sparliff and Altsickeness like this.
  10. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

Is there a way to change the type of quad other than going through the whole set up wizard again and again

11. RENOV8R

Don't have any experience with Librepilot but I'm assuming you can go into the configuration tab and change it

12. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

I think you can keep your calibrations and just choose another ZMR or QAV, but Im not sure. If you are problem solving and don't know for sure, I'd just go through it all again. It's like doing and experiment and waiting for the results. If you change something or don't do the same thing each time you could possibly impact the outcome.

13. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

Will I want to try the different quad settings to c how much of a difference they make ...if any .....I'm just getting so frustrated with this all I wanna do o's fly and it's been 3 weeks grrrrrr

14. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

Someone said Try dronin gcs....it has an auto tune feature ....any one tried it ?

15. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

Heard of it but havent tried it. I'd stick to just getting your quads in the air for now and then decide if you want to learn a whole new firmware. Totally up to you though.

16. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

The program looks basically like open pilot and librepilot but with the auto tune feature .... u fly the quad for 60 seconds while it wobbles then the wobble stops ...u land and shut down your quad and it's done ......apparently ......doesn't help me though as I can't get the quad in the air haha

17. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

Ok so I have tried changing from zmr to generic and it seems alot more stable .... couldn't fly it as it's raining here right now but held it in my hand ...... doesn't seem like it wants to flip but if I give a little bit of throttle it will stay at that throttle position until i move the quad ....it then teies to counter the movment which is good but then it starts to increase throttle on its own and keep going even though I have not adjusted throttle on the transmitter

18. RENOV8R

Just curious, what flight mode are you in?

19. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

Attitude

20. Sparliff

Sparliff Active Member

But rate mode is doing the same thing also