Nihui U807 modifications thread.

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Mike H., Feb 18, 2016.

1. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

No, it was a Dromida. I knew it was a millimeter or two thicker and I had to force it in a bit but I didn.t think this would happen. Surprisingly enough, I think I can fix it. The battery wasn't plugged in when it went off and the board seems fine because 3 of the motors spin up, just a melted wire on the 4th. On the bright side, it seemed like a perfect excuse to order a Tarantula X6. Should be here in a week Woot Woot

2. Mike H.

Mike H. Toy Quad Builder

Was the battery fully charged? or run down after flying it?

3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

No, it was fully charged and I was just just pushing it in. Like I said it was a little tight so it must have had something rupture it. Probably more user error than anything

4. Mike H.

Mike H. Toy Quad Builder

Ok, so my option 1 mod is not going as planned so im working on option 2..its not as high quality as id like it to be but i think i just need to do something slightly different for it to work out better...Be patient..ill show what it is soon.

5. u807control

u807control New Member

Does anyone know where you can still buy the U807 controller for the black version ?

6. u807control

u807control New Member

Unfortunately I found the white controller doesn't bind to the black quad, would you believe ..

7. Birdy

Birdy Well-Known Member

Hmm...that doesn't sound right to me at all. I have both white and black versions and have flown them with the same transmitter. Many times. In fact I bought the black one as a BNF so it didn't even come with a transmitter. Flew fine with my existing one.

Makes me wonder if there's another issue?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  8. u807control

u807control New Member

Oh that's almost good news then. Hmm.
    Perhaps they're different versions of the quad ? I'd really like to fly em both..
    Wondering if there's anything i can do to make it bind 2 both.

Thanks for the reply.

P

9. Birdy

Birdy Well-Known Member

QUOTE="u807control, post: 42131, member: 9624"]Oh that's almost good news then. Hmm.
    Perhaps they're different versions of the quad ? I'd really like to fly em both..
    Wondering if there's anything i can do to make it bind 2 both.

Thanks for the reply.

P[/QUOTE]

Can’t think of anything other than the usual. Make sure you’re using a fully charged battery in the quad (for that matter check batteries in the transmitter). Set the quad on a level service, turn on transmitter and go through the binding process. Try it several times if doesn’t work the first time.

Only other thing to suggest is that there are lots of how-to and troubleshooting videos on YouTube on this quad. There may be something there that addresses binding issues.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017