Need VR Goggles for glass wearers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aero1, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Aero1

Aero1 Aging isn't an option, maturing is, stay young!

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year,

My beautiful wife gave me a Force 1 Drone with CameraLive Video and GPS Return Home, it has Brushless Motors HD drone with 1080 Camera. I have been flying the heck out of it and would like to get into some VR Goggles. Does anyone know of some VR goggles that are really good and work well with glasses. Yes, I wear glasses, can't see a thing without them. I have done a lot of research but have not come up with one I felt totally comfortable with. Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Happy New Year

Aero1

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

If you find any let us know, Aero..............

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Two choices is fatshark style & box goggles.
    The fatshark type don't work for me a I have an ipd interpupillary distance of 72-73mm. Maximum ipd of these goggles is 67-69. So it looks crosseyed. So check that for starters. & you can buy different di-opters for different strength. Maybe check out
    Joshua bardwell, he has videos on this.
    Option 2 box goggles, quanum V2 or headplay. I use quanum V2 in conjunction with an immersionRC duo 4.1. Although the fatsharks are more compact,you gotta watch head placement with certain patches.
    You see ppl yaw there heads everywhere. I do it a bit. But my setup I put my immersionRC duo on a 6' selfie stick with an extension to put in ground & sit in a chair, no worries.
    I could bundle it all onto the goggles but the other is the best option for me.
    Dont buy the orange Skyzones. It's a white plastic painted orange with terrible light leak. Ipd=69 4mm short of what I need & believe me it makes a difference.

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  4. dragger201

Hell, the first time FPV.........I fell down, not once but twice................

mozquito1 likes this.
  5. mozquito1

Hence the chair:D I do stand aswell.

dragger201 likes this.
  6. dragger201

I sit or I lean my butt against something..............

7. mozquito1

I would have liked that post but somthing was weird about liking your butt being against somthing. :confused:

dragger201 likes this.
  8. LoneRCRanger

LoneRCRanger Well-Known Member

I heard about the guy who was Goggled for FPV on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. He took that fateful step into Eternity.

9. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

I use Eachine VR D2 Pro goggles and insert a cheap pair of reading glasses inside the goggles. They stay in place and work fine. You can pick up several pairs cheap on Ebay and try them until you get a pair that is the right magnification. I got the idea from a video on YouTube.

10. Aero1

Hi Gentleman, what a great forum and a little humor to boot!

This was a list of VR goggles I received from the folks who I bought my wife bought my drone from, I would have just attached the link they sent me but when I tried to post the link here it wouldn’t allow me as it said I needed to make three posts. if anyone has thoughts on these I would greatly appreciate your help. This is another one the folks sent me this morning from Force 1 that they thought would work best for wearing glasses was this set, IMESIVVR Headset IMESIV To4B

Here are others they suggested;

ETVR Upgraded 3D VR Virtual Reality Headset Immersive Large Screen Experience VR Headset

BNEXT VR Headset for iPhone and Android Phones

Pansonite 3D VR Glasses Virtual Reality Headset

VR Wear Headset - Virtual Reality Goggles by VR WEAR 3D VR Glasses

Being new to all of this, especially the goggles, I have a lot to learn. I was an avid RC jet Flyer as well as many other crazy airplanes and a few helicopters before my eyesight started to, I guess you could say, not be able to see things that went that fast real well. It kind of affects your reaction time. But lovin this little drone and the camera takes surprising good video. Again, thanks everyone for your assistance with the is new drone newbie. Whatever I do end up with I will for sure let everyone now how they work out. that is what these forums are all about, sharing the knowledge.

Have a super New Year Day

Aero1

KentA, Rick M and mozquito1 like this.
  11. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

I have noticed that my LOS flying skills are suffering since I have been flying mostly FPV lately. I flew a few batteries on one of my non-FPV quads to try to get back in tune.... o_O

12. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

13. Aero1

First off, I want to apologize to any of you folks who have contributed to this post and have to read my response to Mr. Jackson's comments. I appreciate all your responses and the help you have provided.

You caught me at a bad time Mr. Jackson, communication is the key to all knowledge when sharing information. And I provided as much as I could for others to understand or get an idea where I am coming from being new to all of this. If you would have read my last post, I tried to post links but this website kept saying I needed three post before it would allow me to attach a link to my posted reply, thus no attachments for now Mr. Jackson.

And your comment about asking questions and help with an off brand quadcopter, I didn't know this was a forum where you could not get help unless you had the top of the line quadcopter, remember I am just starting out, we all have to start some place, even you did, but maybe you forget about that time already. And your comment about doing myself a favor and get a 10.00 multimeter, I really don't need input from a person like you Mr. Jackson who is not willing to be helpful but only critical.

If I have interpreted your post incorrectly I apologize, but please read all the posts a person writes before you comment and if you don't have something of value to share....then don't . I have been member on enough other forums, boards and committees representing thousands of RC'ers and never ever have I had a response like yours. Please correct me if I am wrong to your response as I have said, you caught this old dog at a bad time.

I do want to thank you much for the link you provided. Again I can only use FPV mobile and not a headset utilizing 5.8 GHz signal.

Aero1

14. Jackson

First off it's real easy to get those 3 posts out of the way in the 'Introductions' forum. Next you said "I have been member on enough other forums, boards and committees representing thousands of RC'ers" and you've never seen or used a 'Signature', which is the grayed out text which appears under the dotted line of all my posts?

Maybe this will shed some light on my contributions to this forum.
    http://quadcopterforum.com/members/?type=likes

Good luck.

mozquito1 and dragger201 like this.
  15. mozquito1

The cowboy can be helpful so can we all in our areas. Generally toy quads & there is thousands out there with dodgy parts & motors. Have a tendency to break very easy. It's hard when ppl ask my phone won't connect or whatever. And when ppl ask questions about their toy but don't state make or model. & when they do it's a £20 drone you can't get parts for. You end up writing big long explanations. Aswell as time go ogling for someone.
    Only for them never to return.
    So I tend to keep clear of the toy quad questions & stick to self build as they have invested in kit they have tools, less likely to leave you hanging. So bare with us, the cowboy & me never had a cross word.
    You just walked into dodge son. o_O

16. Aero1

I have hopefully fulfilled the requirements of a "Signature", and hopefully I have made enough posts now that it will allow me to attach the link to my drone. If mozquito 1 you are referring to Jackson as the cowboy I had hoped for a little guidance from any folks on here. A person gets a new little hobby and the web is such a great place to share and help others. I didn't realize up front that the "Signature" was that all important from the get go as I was in heaven in getting the drone for my birthday and just wanted to fly. I have almost 30 years of RC-ing under my belt, taking breaks now and then but always coming back. I see Jackson is a very familiar and liked member of this forum which is awesome. I just as a newcomer in the drone field, you want to feel welcomed on forums like this, and as the old saying goes, there are no dumb questions, only a great chance at learning something you never knew.

Here is the drone I have if the link allows:
    https://force1rc.com/collections/ad...hless-motors-1080p-drone-camera-bonus-battery

I don't know if it is a good drone or so so drone, but it is my drone and my excitement. And I apologize to Jackson for any ill felt words that I may have spoken. I just hope this is a two way street in that Jackson realizes we all have to start someplace. And wherever a person starts in whatever they are doing can be both exciting and scary and we look to others for that nurturing and guidance in that we don't know or understand. And know, I try to search and read and find on forums much of the answers I need, but I am not afraid to say, I can't find something or please help. That is what makes these forums so great, it is not in those who are here on the forum, it is all those here on the forum that help others make this hobby how great it is.

Don't need to preach, hope we can go forward, and hopefully I can still asks the not so smart questions.

Aero 1

17. Jackson

18. Aero1

Thanks Jackson, greatly appreciate the link and look forward to sharing information in the Forum. Again, I apologize Jackson if there was a misunderstanding.
    Aero1

19. Jackson

No need. :)

20. photojunky

photojunky Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, what goggles were recommended? LOL