My latest build is a Tarot

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by RENOV8R, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Glenn Fevreau

Glenn Fevreau kracka

Yeah I spent all weekend doing it different ways!

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Brings back pleasant memories of my youth. :)

3. Glenn Fevreau

Glenn Fevreau kracka

Haha good one Jackson.
    But my resent memory isn't so pleasant .
    Any ideas Jackson?

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

If you're running Win 8 or 10, you probably need to do a forced driver install. I had the same problem with Naza-M and this was the solution. Here's a tutorial by the guru of drones, Painless360 showing the process. Principal should be the same for Tarot drivers.

5. mtnmanfpv

mtnmanfpv Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that video Renov8er. I'll be fooling around trying to find a way to save it on my 'puter for later.

Have you ever tried to fly a 6S battery? I think my quad can handle the weight, and all of the info. on the Naza V2 (AND the Tarot) indicates that a 6S is acceptable. But when I try to plug it in, the motors just keep arming. About once each second. Had the same reaction with the Naza M that was faulty. I was a little surprised when the new V2 did the same thing. Double checked the voltage on the 6S, and that's ok. I'm a bit perplexed by this hitch. But I've been getting regular flights of 6 to 8 minutes on my 3S batts. After 8 minutes of flight, the motors are barely warm to the touch, and the ESC's don't get warm at all. Happy about that.

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

It really depends on the specs of your motors. 6S batteries are typically used for high torque low RPM motors and large props, usually 350kv and lower with at least 15" props. Ecalc told me 6S was overpowered for my setup but I borrowed a friends to try, and the results were nothing less than terrifying. I got what's called the yoyo affect. Your quad will quickly ascend, you'll try to correct it and it will quickly descend. It just keeps increasing exponentially until you slam into the ground.

7. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

A 6s system is much more efficient than a 3 or 4s propulsion system, which equates to longer flight times. The oscillation that you were experiencing sounds like gain settings were not correctly set.

Check to make sure your escs are capable to handle a 6s power supply @mtnmanfpv.

8. mtnmanfpv

mtnmanfpv Well-Known Member

Some interesting points, thanks for the info. I'll have to see if I can research any more info on the ESC's. They were paired as a kit w/Jrelics KV1000 motors, 10X4.5 props and 30 amp ESC's. The sales info doesn't offer much more info. that I can remember, but I'll have to take the time to go back into it.

Meanwhile. I've been working on a tiny little bumper sticker for my quad. Not sure if this the right place to post, but - battlebot.jpg