My latest build is a Tarot

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by RENOV8R, Jul 16, 2016.

1. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Well, got my Naza-M V2 from getfpv last night. When I ordered, product info was Naza-M V2 with GPS, picture showed FC & GPS module. Guess what............NO GPS. So if you search in the product info for 20 minutes you'll finally find line "click here to order GPS". Oh, and good luck finding one for under $150. Not such a great deal after all:mad:

2. mtnmanfpv

mtnmanfpv Well-Known Member

Crap! That's a ripoff. I've been to the getfpv web site, but haven't ordered anything. If I ever do, I'll be sure to look for any "fine print".
    Sorry to hear that Renov8r.

3. RENOV8R

Yes, it's weird. If you go to their site, they have the Naza-M itself and the Naza-M with GPS module, and both are $158??? Doesn't matter as I ordered the G2 neo8 GPS which is PNP with the Naza and reviews are excellent. Everyone says that it works much better than the stock DJI unit and as a bonus, it's only $35:D

4. mtnmanfpv

ahh, a bright side, muy Bueno.

5. mtnmanfpv

Gotta love it. After about a week, I finally got an email from the Tarot service after I told them I was running Win 8.1.

pls change 7 or xp
    zhang

WTF? Is he telling me that the assistant won't run on Win 8? Or is he telling me I have to change a diaper?

6. RENOV8R

Zhang's an ass, don't listen to him. It should work. Works for me in Win 10 just fine

7. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

8. mtnmanfpv

no, I paid a whole lot less than DJI. but the Tarot is back in the box on a shelf, waiting for my next build. I'll fiddle around with it then. Right now the V2 is doing quite well on the half dozen or so test flights I've made. I'm upping the gains each time, and watching the control. I'm also trying to isolate the vibration at the cam, improving a little each time. Last test was specifically hovering in place to clock actual flight time, 6.5 - 7 minutes on a 3S.

9. RENOV8R

No, I paid $1 less. BUT like I said, it's so misleading and everyone's doing the same thing. It say's Naz-M with GPS right? Well sure, it's GPS capable, btu you don't get it when you order this. Look at line 7 of the description. "GPS Module Available for Accurate Position Stabilization".

10. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Have you gotten any flying time in this summer?

11. mtnmanfpv

Jackson, not sure who you were asking, but I've finally gotten an hour or so of good flying, all in the past week. But I'm going to rack up those hours quickly. plan on doing a lot of "tuning" this week. I'm curious about attempting to fly my 6S battery in this quad.. It's only flown on 3S batts. so far, anything I should watch out for?

12. Glenn Fevreau

Glenn Fevreau kracka

Hi everyone.
    Well I bought one of the Tarot zyx-m controllers, got it all fitted and looking good. Went to hook it up to my PC clicked connect, the button at the top said connected but the one at the bottom that matters said unconnected.
    Loaded all required drivers! When connecting the use the pc recognises it and creates a com port but still won't hook up.
    Anyone got any ideas!

13. ringolong

Naza-M V2 (Includes GPS)

Shows this at top so it does come with the puck. I would send yours back and get this one. The price is also reduced from 299 which is how much a complete kit has previously been.

14. ringolong

Are you using the cable that came with the controller?

15. mtnmanfpv

You asked if the OSD was for the Naza or the Tarot. Does it matter? I'm doing well with the V2, so I'll stay with it for a while. If it's workin', don't fix it!

16. Glenn Fevreau

Glenn Fevreau kracka

Yes I am!

17. RENOV8R

So you've gone into the program file for the ZYX-M and actually downloaded the drivers? Also, in the assistant, where it shows the com port, did you click on the refresh button and drop down and click on the com port that it shows?

18. Glenn Fevreau

Glenn Fevreau kracka

Yep done that and most of everything else.
    Different laptops, different ways of doing the procedure and anything else I could find.
    At the moment I'd like to just throw it in the bin and get a naza -m ver 2 and start again.

19. RENOV8R

Silly question, but did you attach the little module thingy on the end of the USB cable before you attached it to the data port of the ZYX-M?

20. Glenn Fevreau

Glenn Fevreau kracka

Yep I have that little micro usb thing plugged in befor the controler