Meteor 5" build

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Dugdog47, May 6, 2018.

1. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

DSCN1224-1.jpg
    My solder job could look better however when I hook it up to betaflight all the motors come on.

I'm not the best at building yet but at least I don't think I fried out the dalrc 40amp 4in1!!!!

2. Dugdog47

UPDATE: HELP NEEDED!!:

I can not get this flight controller to recognize my flysky receiver. I've tried everything and read all online information.

Can anyone tell me how to get this thing to recognize flysky?

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Configuration tab, change to ibus or ppm rx. You must have the Aux channels setup as well as modes.
    I have my Aux channels as

Arm = swd = aux1
    Modes = swc (3 position switch) aux2

Change it in tx menu & modes tab.

Which tx do you have. FSI6 or i6s.

4. mozquito1

If non of this is setup the tx won't talk to the fcb.

5. Dugdog47

It's actually the eachine I6, I have bound many quads to it without issue.

How can you tell if a receiver is bad? I've noticed after binding the RX signal only has a couple of bars.

6. mozquito1

On mine it has never been full.

7. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

I think there is a setting in the transmitter (remote controller) that you have to switch to ibus. This is just a thought... I might be remembering it incorrectly. I have been on ibus/sbus for quite a while.. and I'm not around my Flysky transmitter to take a look at the moment.

8. Dugdog47

Dammit!! Now I've got a bricked f405 fc board that won't do anything?? Oh well it'll work eventually. But still man,,,,,,

$#!!&!!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  9. mozquito1

You may have to use impulseRC driver fixer or zadig. They're on github.

10. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Jump the boot pads. Connect. Re-flash

11. Dugdog47

DSCN1230-1.jpg
    Okay I've got the ground and positive wires soldered to the row on the outside row and the ibus wire soldered on the inside to "rx2". So I should just be able to go into BF config tab and turn on "uart 2" and be good to go? Am I doing something wrong here?

(The solder job looks crappy I know, once it's working I'll clean it up).

12. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

First you need to go into ports tab and enable serial rx for UART 2. Then in config tab there's a dropdown for receiver mode where you select iBus

13. Dugdog47

Okay the receiver and fcb are finally talking however another issue has popped up.

In betaflight where you can see a 3d of your quad and it's supposed to move the same way you move your quad?

When I move my quad to pitch up, the 3d image pitches down, and when I move it to pitch down the one on screen moves up.

I went ahead and tried to fly but that was a mistake. All it did was flip up into the air and crash.

How do you fix a pitch reversal? I've looked and found no answers.

14. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Have you read the manual?

FS i6 reverse.JPG

15. Dugdog47

Yes Jackson I've read the manual lol and I wish it was that simple.

I knew someone was going to suggest a channel reverse switch, however that is not the problem.

The problem is the flight control board thinks it's upside down, I don't know of any way to make it realize it's right side up.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  16. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Which way are you moving the stick?

If 'the flight control board thinks it's upside down' wouldn't all the controls be affected?

17. Dugdog47

As far as I can tell all the other controls are correct except the roll pitch for forward/backward.

Photo:
    DSCN1232.JPG
    As you can see the nose of my quad is pointing down in real life, but on screen the little 3d display is pointing up.

I haven't been able to fly it yet to check all the controls but only the forward/reverse (right stick roll) seems reversed.

18. Dugdog47

Answer: rotate the yaw 180!!

IT FLIES IT FLIES MY HOMEMADE QUAD FLIES!

Thanx for all your help fellows, I'll take it from hear lol.

19. Dugdog47

Well I got the 40 amp escs with motors that pull 33amps. No babying here lol.

Hover tested it with a few punches, HOLY MACKEREL this thing is FAST!

Like a rocket blasting off.

Expect a video in the "well did you fly today" thread in the next week or so.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Gyro Doctor likes this.
  20. Dugdog47

Okay this will be my last post of the day but I can't help it lol I'm just so happy this thing flies:
    DSCN1237.JPG
    There it is in all its glory. I've officially named it the Stardog Meteor lol.

Gyro Doctor, mozquito1 and BL Swagger like this.