First Build - 450mm frame w/935Kv Motor

Discussion in 'First Build' started by benbirtwistle, Dec 23, 2018.

1. benbirtwistle

benbirtwistle New Member

Hi I've been researching for a while regarding my first quadcopter build and I was looking to get some advice from the forums. I'm planning a 450 frame with Emax MT2213 (935Kv) motors and 8" props. I was going to pick up the Anniversary Special Edition Racerstar REV35 35A for £20 from banggood along with a RunCam Micro Swift 2 and video receiver I could plug into my phone. I cannot work out what flight controller to get for my build. I would ideally like to get an altitude/gps hold feature but my budget wont stretch above £35. I'm currently thinking an ombibus f4 v6 might be best for me as I think it works with ardupilot and betaflight. Will this fit me needs and will it work autonomously with Ardupilot? Also does the rest of my build look feasible? I've got a Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Ben

2. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

3. Oscar S.

Oscar S. New Member

This might sound crazy, but I am thinking about doing a VERY similar thing. I mean, same frame size, same motors, I even have the same transmitter! o_O Anyways, I have been considering using a CC3D, mostly because of cost. I haven't really done much except work on making the frame, though, because I haven't ordered the parts yet.

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Your best bet on a budget would be the Omnibus with iNav firmware. Or if you're experienced with APM, then Arduplane would be what you'd want to use for a quadcopter. Steer clear of the CC3D, it's gone the way of the dinosaur and isn't supported any more. In fact, with the new strict federal laws together with advanced technology, not a lot of guys are building the big tanks anymore.

5. Oscar S.

Oscar S. New Member

Thanks! One question though, where would you recommend getting one? I looked on Amazon but none of them looked very convincing.

6. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

7. Oscar S.

Oscar S. New Member

Thanks, that looks just like what I need. I have a question though. The PDB I am using has a 5v and 12v BEC built into it, so I won't need to use the FC's BEC. Will the FC still work on just 5v, or should I give it full 3s?

8. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

A lot more thrust with 1045 props and better efficiency.

[​IMG]