Cheap, yet good FPV setups to get you started

Discussion in 'FPV Systems' started by GJH105775, Jun 9, 2015.

1. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C631 @ 2ROPS Moderator

In that case the quantum goggles may be better than some other nicer ones like the headplays simply because of their lens' distance is adjustable

2. Street

Street Well-Known Member

I bought this setup and can't get video to the screen. I'm a bit lost. I got the receiver you recommened for it the 8ch Boscam receiver and I just can't get it to work.

3. GJH105775

I have that receiver working with a 32ch setup, if you are using a 32ch transmitter then you need to get it on the right band as well as the right channel. Also I am running power directly off a 3S LiPo.

What part about it is not working?

4. Street

Street Well-Known Member

I just got it to work. Out of frustration I just started hitting stuff and one thing lead to another and it found it. LOL Thank you!

5. GJH105775

Hahahahahahahaha. How big a hammer it take. I want to know for future reference hahahahaha.

Altsickeness likes this.
  6. Street

Street Well-Known Member

LOL I just kept pressing the transmitter and receiver buttons over and over after already hitting it a few dozen times. It just locked in where it wanted to be. Then I hit it with a 12lb sledge. :)

Altsickeness and GJH105775 like this.
  7. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Do you know of a decent DVR that will plug into the second video out on this receiver? I've been running a micro quad and want to record fpv

http://www.banggood.com/FPV-5_8G-8CH-200mW-AV-Wireless-Receiver-RC805-p-73202.html

8. GJH105775

Street likes this.
  9. Street

Street Well-Known Member

10. GJH105775

Any time, updated the original post so that others can see it also.

Street likes this.
  11. Street

Street Well-Known Member

btw......... what size jack is that on the boscam for video? 1.5mm and 3.5mm are the common ones right? Is there a 2mm jack? I'm trying to figure out what I need. I'm pretty sure it's a 1.5mm jack

12. GJH105775

I think it is a 3.5mm (AKA 1/8'' or mini) but am not sure, it could be a 2.5mm sub-mini.

Here is a similar cable.

13. FPV Newbie

FPV Newbie New Member

Hey sorry to annoy you but i wanna ask one question.
    I have Syma x8c quadcopter and i wanna buy an fpv system to enjoy it even more.
    Im thinking about buying Runcam Swift Plus, i would love to know what else should i order with it to make it work.
    I wanna use it with my mobile/tablet/pc.
    I would appreciate some links maybe from banggood cuz i wanna order runcam from it
    Tyvm for your responce, have a good day :))

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  14. GJH105775

I think the runcam swift is going to be too heavy for your use.

You're probably looking for something more along these lines:

However I'd ask some like @Mike H. who already has a Syma regarding their MTOW capabilities. Though I think if you get this and perhaps a mobius keychain camera or if you had a DVR to record with you'd be all set.

YOu might be able to get teh video out from the mobius or substitute their more expensive camera with something cheaper but of a lesser quality.

15. eek

eek Member

Any 1.3 / 1.2 Ghz camera + transmitter + receiver + goggles recommendations for 250mm frame?

16. GJH105775

None that I can think of off the top of my head, 1.3gHz is a great band for FPV and there are many companies on the market that make good products for them. What type of budget do you have in mind? Some of them can get pretty expensive.

17. eek

eek Member

Well, my budge for quad AND goggles is about 700-800 EUR. I don't know how much of it I can spend on FPV system specifically as I still lack knowledge to make these decisions. If you could provide some suggestions I would be very grateful.

18. SlyBazzle

SlyBazzle Member

This has been very informative. Gracias.

GJH105775 likes this.
  19. RedSun

RedSun Member

I think you should have a good FPV battery like this .

20. elchubinebrae

elchubinebrae Member

That guide you've written is impressive! It's literally everything i need to know. All my questions answered in one neat little book. Excellent work GJH105775!

GJH105775 likes this.