Cheap 250 racing quad

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by holtneil, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Phil Rainey

Phil Rainey Member

I know it's a long video build but maybe the administrators can pin this last video. If not the last link is below.

Low cost miniquad racing drone build video PART 5

2. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C631 @ 2ROPS Moderator

Might make hte series a little more daunting haha.

3. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi I started this thread and have put in part 5 so it's complete

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  4. Quadcopter102

Quadcopter102 Well-Known Member

Last week..signed up on his forum - or tried to. Waiting for the "confirm email" - when it arrived...clicked the usual link... expecting to be transferred to the forum and login....but no.... all it did was open the Yahoo home page!
    Tried a few times..same result. Sent a "repeat verification email" this link took me to a page that did not exist "error 400" so I gave up!

5. GJH105775

This forum or another?

@mm

6. Mike

Mike =) Admin

I assume he means Bruce's forum.

7. Quadcopter102

Not this forum guys... Bruce from rcmodel reviews.

Latest "register" attempt - emails g0t bounced back. Left a comment on YouTube... Is it me doing something wrong!! Trying to register - usually gets a email to confirm my email is real...usual stuff with any forum. Any "confirmation request" emails have nonsense links ...none have the typical click here to confirm stuff.

MM... re my other comment - I think I have a weird glitch! Just as I was typing the above the page dropped out and was replaced by a page without my WIP reply. Used the browser history pulled the page up and the page flipped a bit..scrolled down and my text was there but grayed out. Put the cursor in place to type again... and the text became normal! I am applying logic that there are no others with this- no posts! - so it must be something on my machine.

8. GJH105775

No, that is the forum software saving your text so you don't have to retype it all every time you accidentally leave or refresh. It has saved my bacon many times xD

9. Quadcopter102

mmmmm needs a pubic health warning - I thought my computer was on the blink.... :rolleyes:

10. GJH105775

Hahaha, your computer is probably fine.

11. Bug Eyes

Bug Eyes Up Up and Away!

Hello everyone You can call me George if you want, or you can call me Bug eye's. It doesn't matter to me.

Great video hotneil. I watched the first one then joined the forum, as I have been thinking about building my own after flying a friends cheap hexacopter and a small helicopter he left for me to play with for a few weeks. I have gotten pretty good with both, not as much with the multi rotor as the copter though. The battery last longer in the copter than the hexacopter. I don't think I will be building as big a quad as the 250 though as I would have to listen to the wife about spending as much as the parts cost for that one.

12. GJH105775

Cheaper than a 250? Talk to @Mike H.

Bug Eyes likes this.
  13. Bug Eyes

Bug Eyes Up Up and Away!

Thank you for the push in the right direction GJH. It is appreciated!

14. GJH105775

Anytime hahaha.

Bug Eyes likes this.
  15. Quadcopter102

Hi George...

Welcome to this friendly forum- I am greener than Kentucky grass.. but there are some real knowledgeable guys here who can and will help and assist you if and when you have problems - with quads/multi-rotor.
    The most inexpensive way to enter into quad flying is to buy a ready to fly model. But, as you seem to have gone past the bash and crash stage, building your own kit is an option.
    You can buy parts when you have a little spare cash rather than make a list and go shopping to get everything in one session.
    If you have not already done so... I would suggest you read through a lot of the sections and threads going back a few months... they really do help.
    And again - if you have not already... check out youTube - search quadcopters and choose your preferred quad types.... then ya'll come back now...

Bug Eyes and GJH105775 like this.
  16. GJH105775

Exactly as stated. I'd like to add that buying everything at once can save you a TON of money. If in doubt just run your parts list across us here and we'll do what we can hahaha.

Quadcopter102 and Bug Eyes like this.
  17. Hi there I wonder if you can help this is completely alien to me.
    I have got a Spectrum DX7 Tx an AR6200 RX and an eachine 250 quad.
    I am looking for some advice on setting up the transmitter receiver and quad but having no idea where to start can anyone help. Please!!!

18. Mike

Mike =) Admin

Which specific eachine quad do you have? It will vary depending on what quad you have.

19. Hi there it is the racer 250 the one that comes without any extras if you know any way i can identify it it would be appreciated as it was bought for me as a present. Cheers

20. GJH105775

Use a little google to figure out how to connect it to your PC using the cleanflight chrome extention, and then once you get it to connect check under your reciever tab and set it to the appropiate recievier type. I'd assume PWM_paralell off the top of my head, but I might not be 100% correct. '

I would do a bit of the leg work for you and find the nessasary video, but the wifi here is terrible, so I can't really do much good.