Can I swap cameras?

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by Brett_5S, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Brett_5S

Brett_5S Member

So I got a quadcopter for Christmas last year and the camera is less than optimal. It is the Promark VR P70-VR. Can I swap the camera and if so, to which camera. Looking to keep it around $30-$40. I will post pics of the way it is mounted, the wires, and it being removed. The camera comes off very easily. Sorry about the picture quality, had to lower quality to allow me to post on this forum

Attached Files:

2. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister Finally in the ranks of the brushless!

Are you looking to get just footage with the camera? If so, I would recommend picking up a Hawkeye Firefox (around $20 on BangGood) and find a way to mount it. That will give you pretty good hd video, the plus side is that the camera is self contained, rechargeable and stores on an SD card the down side is that it is not wifi, so you won't see things via your phone.

3. Brett_5S

Brett_5S Member

Gonna have to find a way to mount it. The whole frame is plastic.

4. Torc the Sinister

Check for the 3d printed mounts for it, I got one and it works great, less weight and good angle.

5. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Velcro

Torc the Sinister likes this.
  6. Brett_5S

Brett_5S Member

Do you mean the Hawkeye firefly, not firefox?

7. Torc the Sinister

Yea, sorry about that.

8. Brett_5S

Brett_5S Member

So there isnt a camera that would hook up to what is already there? It allows me to take pictures from the remote and it has a power port. The multicolored wires were to control the servo and camera and the black wire was power.

9. Torc the Sinister

I couldn't answer that. I had a CX-30 with a wifi camera and went FPV after that and never looked back. I bought the firefly a few months back for footage.

10. Brett_5S

Brett_5S Member

So I took apart the camera module to see if I could just upgrade the camera in there. The multicolored wires were just for the servo. If I cant just take out the old camera and replace it could I get a camera that streams to my phone and is attatched to the servo base?

Attached Files:

11. Brett_5S

Brett_5S Member

More pictures

Attached Files:

12. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

20180829_210310.jpg

JBv weld was used to glue at least one fpv camera to one Syma lol.

Cheapdronefan likes this.
  13. mark jackson

mark jackson Well-Known Member

love Syma Great Flyers but Crap cameras X8 I believe?.............great solution

Dugdog47 likes this.