XJ470 Build

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by ringolong, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Thanks! Never got a link to the US warehouse, just the Chinese. Just have do some checking in ecalc, thinking 3508 700 kv might be a little overpowered for the XJ470. BTW those are nice retracts you've got coming. With the length of the XJ470, have you considered a dual set? Would be the ultimate in wow factor. Although I guess you'd have to take the added weight into consideration...

3. ringolong

Installed the new landing gear which look much better than the original landing gear imo. The install would be much cleaner if I shortened the motor wires, but I don't know what I may use them for down the road.

Hit the ground on takeoff, and the Tarot flight controller bit the dust :( (Don't casually install props while watching football lol. I had the 2 front ones in the wrong direction)

I think it is the pmu, so while I wait on one to get delivered I am going to unfortunately install the naza v2 for the time being. IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0487.JPG

4. ringolong

Found out it was a bad pdb, and not my Tarot :) I already installed the naza so I completed a flight with it installed.

It's been a while since I have flown a naza, but the gps feels smoother with the new firmware, more like the Tarot. I may play with the gains and do a couple of more flights.

5. ringolong

I reinstalled the Tarot, and played with gains all evening. I could get a stable hover, but I could not get a stable flight like I could with my 680 hex. Seems like the Tarot is geared towards larger craft.

I guess I will be permanently installing a naza. Hopefully I will have some good stable footage this weekend.