Which tiny whoop?

Discussion in 'Tiny Whoops & Other Micro Quads' started by Dugdog47, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

2. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Awesome, thanks very much Cowboy! That's definitely it and is, like you said, sold at a big premium. Luckily, I picked mine up on a 50% off sale on amazon, so looks like I was only "taken" for 4-5 bucks.

3. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

The Q X7 is a great transmitter. The thing I like about the Jumper if you're into BNF quads (that would be me), you can sometimes find really good deals if you don't have to be choosy about the receiver protocol. If the Jumper supported the MJX Bugs series protocol (it doesn't), I would already have one and I could fly anything I own with it (except my Phantom 4) and buy whichever BNF quad I fancied next.

4. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

:rolleyes: ... The "iRangeX IRX4 Plus" multiprotocol module is the latest iteration and does not use the whimpy internal PCB antenna any longer.
    Not only does it support an external antenna but it now also allows protocol selection via the host radio's internal menu system and without
    any soldering necessary either (as was needed in the past) ;)

Rick M likes this.
  5. Torc the Sinister

Torc the Sinister An inquisitive and barely enlightened RC newbie

The downside for me is the cost compared to where I want to go with the hobby. The CX-30W is fun and a good learning tool until I get the next step up but I can save the cost of the iRange and put it towards that better quad.

I could go without my Highlander Grogg for 12 days for the cheaper mod that will hold me over......or just hop on Freerider to hone my skills til then.

Decisions....decisions.....

6. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

Freerider IS a good skill builder. After you can cruise through those humongous gates on there with ease you should try "Liftoff".
    It's even more like really flying after you get it tuned up right and you can also see the effects that different parts have on your
    "test bed" quad of choice. The trick is to play with the settings first to get the stock test quad as close to real life behavior as you
    can (or at least something that you're comfortable flying and can become familiar with) so you can more easily tell the difference.
    After having done that the game's physics do a good job of showing you what effect trying different props, motors, etc, have on
    the flight characteristics.

Torc the Sinister and Spork like this.
  7. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

FPV Freerider is definitely a great start. Although, as I noob, I wouldn't call the gates humongous. LOL. I mean to you guys with more experience they probably are, and definitely large compared to the gates in Liftoff. Depending on the course, I can usually hit the first one or two, but then it's crashing and/or circling back around time. I know with practice I'll get better, but admittedly, I've spent the majority of my time in Liftoff learning some of the tricks I see the "famous" freestyle guys doing on YT. The first time I did a power loop was purely by accident, but now they are pretty easy.

100% agree with you on the things you will learn in Liftoff. I've spent entire evenings just swapping out quads, swapping out parts, changing between 3S and 4S, etc. While there is a nice selection of parts, I wish there were more.

8. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

So it finally got nice enough to fly today so I punched a few packs through the Tiny 7:
    DSCN1086-1.jpg

After 25 or 30 runs I can say this thing flies great and I love it!

Spork likes this.
  9. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Great to hear, @Dugdog47 Impressed the little guy flies so well outside. We're supposed to have great weather this weekend, so I may take TinySpork outside tomorrow.

Is your FPV monitor attached to your radio with that arm or do you attach to a tripod?

10. Dugdog47

The fpv monitor is about to be changed but today I had it set like this because I've been changing it between this tx and the bugs3 tx.

Tomorrow this monitor is going to be replaced with a 7" eachine lcd monitor with built in dvr. I love flying these little guys!

Spork likes this.
  11. Dugdog47

I've noticed that if the wind blows it kinda hard it effects the accelerometer and it'll yaw a little on its own. Really hard wind will cause a crash.

Those nice, wind free days? This thing flies like a bird! Really a very good fpv drone outside but you need a calm day.

Spork likes this.
  12. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Nice. I'll definitely see how it goes for me outside tomorrow.

Dugdog47 likes this.