Which DJI

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Chindley, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Chindley

Chindley New Member

So I had decided on the DJI Spark and then DJI threw a spanner in the works by announcong the Mavic Air.
    So now I’m back to square 1.
    Is it worth the extra money over the spark and if I’m spending £769 should I just go for the Mavic?

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

3-axis gimbal, 4K, ocusync, longer flight time. I'd say if you've got the money, go for it. That being said, the Spark is a blast to fly, still takes awesome video and stills, and is easy to carry around.

Spark 006.JPG

3. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

4. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

I am getting the air as a backup and probably what I will be filming most of my video in since the video quality matters most to me so it may not pertain to you. The spark films in 1080p while the air films in 4k at 100mbps.

RENOV8R likes this.
  5. RENOV8R

I went the other way, I got the Spark first to see if I liked this type of quad. I'll probably get the Mavic Platinum Pro in a bit.

6. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

There are no bad choices there. However, if you want to stay clear of the price tag on the Mavic Pro, I would go with the Spark. I think you will definitely want to add a transmitter with it and bring the total to $499. This package is going to keep most hobby flyers and picture/video takers happy for a while, maybe a long while. You are going to want 1-2 spare batteries sooner or later. Buy them initially, or when your budget permits.

I am convinced that a next-generation Mavic is not too far off. I think it will have a 1" sensor + 100mbps and some other new features I can't begin to predict. I also think the price point is going to put it in the range of the P4 Pro. If you are bouncing around thinking you might squeeze out a big investment instead (Mavic Pro or Platinum), I'd hold on to the extra money and see what the next Mavic offering looks like.

7. RENOV8R

If you go with the Spark, definitely get the Fly More package. Extra battery, remote control, extra props, 3 battery charging port, prop guards and carrying case. Well worth the extra money

KentA and Rick M like this.