The fitting was atrocious. The body consists of 3 parts. 1 part to be in red and 2 parts to be in blue. Boots and base are separate parts.
When putting the body parts together, there was a 1/32" gap along the seams. Had to cover it with polyfill before I could hand paint it.
Spent 2 hours printing the base and turned out to be incompatible. Useless. Had to improvise by printing a circular base for it.
Came out good looking but always sucks when feels like almost done and find out some pretty big errors like that in the model/export. Had similar problems with one of the ed-209 models had to scale some things to fit properly and still ended up redoing the top leg parts cause the original ones were too fragile at the scale I used.
It is safe to say that he is having a very very very bad day?
P.S. The base is from Spiderman stl file. I use it for this model with a little improvisation. Why? Because the base meant for this model consists of 2 parts, each part requires 7hrs.+ to print. 15 hours just for the base? Nuts!
I have been printing a "man of war" type of war ship. So, I had all 15 parts of the ship's body printed. I glue them together, poly-filled the gaps, and painted it.
Only then I realized I forgot about the canyons. All 34 of them!!! This warship is not going to scare any pirates, I'm afraid.
Well! Start over again.
What a dummy. Guess I can't claim myself "a stable genius" anymore.
A buddy of mine found a fixed wing in the woods where he works and I got it to bind up and it sort of almost flies. Long story short I had to print some parts for it but now trying to design and build my own plane (I have no idea what I'm doing so this should be interesting). Learning from ecalc.ch as usual and looking at other people's designs for inspiration buy just winging it (pun totally intended)
The warship hull makes up of 3 decks...… bottom, middle and upper.
As luck would have it, 2 of the 3 parts of the upper deck came unglued. That exposed the middle deck. So, now I could put in the cannons to the middle deck. All 14 of them.
Bottom deck is glued tight, no chance for its 14 cannons.
I decided to finish the model instead of starting over.
So the ship is missing 14 cannons. I can always dream up a reason for it, however stupid it might sound. Learnt it from the guy in 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
That reminds me. Have to make an appointment with my doctor for a Kung-Flu shot!