Wanted : Storm 2212/930kv motor for Storm Drone 6

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Sky Kite, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Sky Kite

Sky Kite Member

I have an early (v1.2 I think) Storm Drone 6 and one of the motors has just packed up.

It is labelled : Storm 2212/930kv and carries a twin hole left hand ET9055L prop. However, the labelling on the motor is exactly the same as those carrying right hand props, so I'm not sure that handedness matters.

Helipal no longer have these motors in stock and have recommended that I replace all 6 with the newer type. Obviously, I would rather not do that if at all possible.

Happy to pay any reasonable price for a working motor (or more than one - as it would be good to have a few spares). I don't mind whether second hand or new, as long as it works !

2. Sky, hello!
    Chris here.
    I have a Storm 6 that maybe blew a motor (can't tell) and maybe a set of 5 ESCs as well (one definitely smoked out), so I've been replacing them all.

[EDIT: April 23rd, 2017 - ALL SOLD!!! Thanks]

I could let you have the 5 original working motors (and the one dodgy one) and the original ESC's if you'd like (I had to cut the heat shrink off them to replace them, but I have spare 1" heat shrink and all the original labels as well, and also maybe an old frame, since I'm upgrading that as well.

Make me a reasonable offer for them, right now the cost of a frame replacement kit is $75 and each motor is $19.90 ($99.50 for 5) and each ESC is $16.90 ($84.50 for 5). So new cost would be approx. $259 for everything here. So, what, $120 for everything shipped lower 48 sound fair enough, or $90 for just the motors and ESCs? I'd send everything to you, i.e. all the motors and all the ESCs, since I don't really know if that 6th motor is really busted or not, and the one ESC that smoked blew out one output chip only, and that's repairable. I have a load of cheapo Chinese 20A ESCs I could throw in there as well, all SimonK and all working well, it's just if you were really anal you could probably take an output chip from one of those and replace the original Storm ESC's blown chip to have all original parts... : )

BTW, did your kit come with a Devo 7 and an AX701 receiver? I've already upgraded mine to the RadioLink 9ch so they're also available if you'd like more spares!
    I upgraded from the fixed landing gear to Tarot retracts as well, but couldn't find a way to get that all working on the Devo as well as the gimbal, so that's why I added the couple extra channels. That's also a nice upgrade path, let me know if you're interested in that as well. I'm upgrading again to Graupner from my TBS Tango and have too many radios anyway!

Do let me know what it is you need, and I'll let you know. I want to sell all the motors and ESCs together and not split up the set, because they're very rare these days and as you know, Helipal is being a brute about spares for these fantastic older drones!

All the best
    Chris

Chris Ross Leong
    Sherman Oaks CA 91423
    (818) 397 0333 cell / text
    chris@chrisrossleong.com
    www.chrisrossleong.com
    www.chrisrossleongphotography.com
    www.dr1cam.com (opening soon!)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Hmm.No reply.
    Anybody else? I upgraded my setup, have these going now.

4. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi Chris give him a chance to get back to you he may be at work , its a really nice offer you are making :)

5. Awwww. thanks, Neil! Okay, standing by...
    Best
    Chris

6. Here's a photo of the gear. More should anybody ask!

DSC03375w.jpg

7. SOLD! Thanks to all who asked!
    Best
    Chris