Tzumi SkyHawk Broken Gears

Discussion in 'Newb Guides' started by Mak N'zee, Jul 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mak N'zee

Mak N'zee New Member

Hi, I have the Skyhawk for my Son. Thing is, after several crashes the gears have worn out the teeth. I don't know much about them apart from how to replace them, only thing is I cannot find where to buy them as they are not made anymore and tzumi messaged me to say they cannot help. Would be most appreciative if I could find help here. Many thank.

2. wafflejock

wafflejock Active Member

Having a lot of trouble figuring out which skyhawk you're talking about. The company tzumi doesn't seem to sell quadcopters just selfie sticks and batteries and other phone accessories and consumer electronics it looks like. Perhaps they were given cease and desist or spun off since it appears the company valor drones has a quad of the same name. Not sure if they are related or compatible parts but if it's a brushed quadcopter and a clone then the replacement arms from valor might work https://valordrones.com/collections...s/skyhawk-spare-axis-arm-with-motor-propeller

If you can shoot out some pictures of what the parts look like might help get more ideas out there for how to fix. My off hand guess is the time/effort to fix it isn't going to justify the original cost of the quad if it's a brushed one (typically brushed motors are only used on micro/tiny whoop style quads hence the need for gearing which isn't typically a thing you'll see on other quads generally prop is right on the motor).

3. Mak N'zee

Mak N'zee New Member

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      685.2 KB
      Views:
  4. wafflejock

wafflejock Active Member

Looks like it's 54 tooth, would probably need calipers to figure out the diameter of the shaft/hole in the gear and check the gear diameter itself (guess is 2mm based on LED size in the pic), if you can find a replacement with those three matching values then it should work (would probably want to look for nylon or metal gears to replace so you don't have the same problem of the teeth stripping).

5. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  6. Mak N'zee

Mak N'zee New Member

Looks just like what I am looking for. It does only say 'Made in China' under the drone so thought this may be the case. I will check it out. Thanks Jackson.

7. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

These pinion gears should be made a bit thinner but made of brass or some harder material. What would I rather a minute less airtime or pinions that never break.
    They should at least outlive the quad motors.

wafflejock likes this.
  8. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member