1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Turnigy Tallon v2

Discussion in 'Build Logs' started by Tase, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Tase

Tase Member

Frame- Turnigy Tallon v2
    Flight controller- Naza m lite with GPS
    ESC- Turnigy multistar 40a slim
    Motor- Turnigy multistar 4010-580kv
    Prop- DJI 15X7.5
    Battery- Turnigy multistar 4s 10000
    FPV- custom 800tvl Sony camera with 32 channel rx/tx with pitch control
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

HI mate the talon frame is nice I have it as you can see in the pic mine is now a 700mm , but there is no room on this frame for any thing the room between top and bottom plates if tiny I had to make up a plate to mount under to hold the receiver and power board , I dont know if your have the room to mount the GPS or camera, here is a photo of how tight space is IMG_1022.JPG

3. Tase

Tase Member

Mines actually completed with more than 200 hrs flight time! I purchased 4 frame kits so I have a lot of extra parts. I used multiple plates and spacers to sandwich all my electronics! Those pics are it's final configuration.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

No pics showing, just those broken IMG links.

5. Tase

Tase Member

If I right click them and say open they work, files are to large to upload directly!

6. Tase

Tase Member

7. holtneil

Hi mate I was going to do the Was going to do the same but no stock so used a plate off the x525

8. Tase

Tase Member

Is that where the big bottomed plate came from?

9. holtneil

Yes I had an old X525 frame so used the bottom plate to mount receiver and power board , you could always buy a sheet of carbon fibre and make up a plate

10. Tase

Tase Member

Everything fit inside mine so I didn't have to add a bottom plate, just one top plate.

11. holtneil

Mine is very old now they didnt have mini ESCs when I built mine

12. Tase

Tase Member

Ya they make a huge difference in compact builds. What flight controller are you using?

13. holtneil

its on a KK2.1.5 hard case , I am thinking of stripping it down and build the talon tri-copter

14. Tase

Tase Member

That would be cool! I'd like to builda racer someday! Just heavys for now.

15. holtneil

Large quads can be light but cost more the lighter they are , 250 racer is so fast most crash thats why they have bags of props

16. Tase

Tase Member

They always end up heavy though once you start adding 2 video systems two cameras big gimbal all the fun stuff!

17. holtneil

Thats true but cant you do it with one camera that does FPV too

18. Tase

Tase Member

Usually I let the client run the gimbal on the bottom while I fly with the fpv setup.

19. holtneil

Sounds like a pro set up

20. Tase

Tase Member

Not really! I'm just good with hobby parts. My next setup however is going to have an HD transmitter so everything looks nice.