The drone gets uncharted very fast

Discussion in 'First Build' started by DroneFlight, Jan 19, 2018.

1. DroneFlight

DroneFlight Member

Hello all! I'm new to this forum, and I'm building my first quadcopter.
    I've followed the guide of UAVFutures, the 99$ dollar drone, and the quadcopter works very well if I didn't have this problem.
    The matter is that when I plug my battery on the drone, I can fly for about 20 seconds, and then the battery gets uncharged. I can also see the charge of the battery (on the panel "RX") that's going to be zero in 20 seconds on my radio controller. What could be the problem?

Here's the list of my components: (if it's needed i will post some photos about my wiring connections)
    ZOP Power battery 14.8V 1400mAh 4S
    Racerstar RS20Ax4 ESC
    4x Racerstar Racing edition 2205 2300KV motors
    SP Racing F3 Flight controller Acro
    Matek System PDB
    Lisam LS-210 Frame
    WLtoys V950 RC 2-4s battery charger
    Flysky fs-i6s radio transmitter with fs i-a6b receiver
    Eachine VTX03 video transmitter
    eachine 1000tvl camera

2. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

short or bad battery maybe? bad battery will do that. Charge completely but loose charge quickly if you juice the quad.

3. DroneFlight

DroneFlight Member

At first thank you for the answer
    Yes, I think so..because I have a voltage detector and when I had plug the battery in the drone I've read about 14.9 volts and now I see 8.89 V, about 2V per cell, I think that now the battery is completely broken

4. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

The problem is the Zop lipo probably. I bought a few & never again.
    Puffed up, bust cells for no reason.

DroneFlight and GJH105775 like this.
  5. DroneFlight

DroneFlight Member

Thank you for you answer
    I'm going to buy a new battery and contact the seller for get a respond about the battery..
    I'll also check for some short circuit, but I don't think (and hope) that's the reason the drone don't work well, because I've already checked all the wiring and it seemed ok.

6. DrAbsurd

Go on and plan on getting a bunch of batteries of a few different stats for various flying. Got obvious quick I want 6-7 batteries with me when I go fly. Never enough POWER!!!

DroneFlight likes this.
  7. DroneFlight

DroneFlight Member

All right!! :D

8. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

It is, that said I think there is more to your problem than the battery brand for it to get dragged down that low.

9. mozquito1

Just a little short can kill all Lipo's.
    I crashed in mud a few times & ended up with 1 or 2 cells out of 4. I have a turnigy graphene that is a 4S but only 3 register properly, the 4th always reads 2.9v
    I still get 5minutes of fun out of it & it's not puffed at all. If you can afford tattu, roll with them, next is turnigy or infinity.
    I have a few floreon 3s that I use now for my ground station. Which are cheap but served me well, but the 3 Zop I had all died. I got 5 chargers 3 parallel charge boards @ home so I can charge 20 Lipo's now in about 2.5hrs out of 40 or so.

10. DrAbsurd

I just ordered my second Graphene 2200 65c s4. has good flight time and nice amount of punch. it comes wrapped really nice and solid looking. Its heavier of course so im gonna still be getting 1500-1800 85c-120c batteries. Just to much fun. short but fun. I got a turnagy 1300 95c that absolutely screams but, 3.5 minutes tops of flight.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    mozquito1 likes this.
  11. mozquito1

I had a chaos labs 4s 1300mah 95-145c.
    Wow just wow but didn't last long.
    It started puffing on about its 10th cycle
    So met a friend one day & absolutely ripped balls with it. He was in awe & I was shaking like a leaf when it pitted.
    But it was like a tennis ball or rather a baked potato. When I threw it, it popped & gasses escaped. If I was going to race kwads I would probably start with one of these as I haven't come across anything like it yet. Well it's only one of two high C
    Lipo's I have. I find tattu great constant power & last many cycles.

12. DroneFlight

DroneFlight Member

Thanks all for the advices
    Next I'll check all the wiring connection with a multimeter..
    Now I'm going to buy two batteries:
    Infinity 4s 1500mAh graphene 70c
    HRB 3s 1500mAh 25c

What do you think about?
    I think that I'll use the 3s for learn how to fly with a quad and then I'll pass at the 4s

13. mozquito1

Yeah one of each, but if you where going to buy one get the 4S, I was sorry I didn't,
    I bought about eight 3S before a 4s.
    When I got the 4 I was like, err dam.