Syma X8 upgrades to brushless motors.

Discussion in 'RTF Modification & Repair' started by Chuck, Jul 10, 2016.

1. rwid

rwid Active Member

I was able to fly a little yesterday with the syma hg camera attached to my brushless conversion project. I was impressed how it flew. Still very smooth and quiet with added weight. Still need to take out into the open country side and let it rip so I can see how it will really do.

Chuck likes this.
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Bring it on :D

3. rwid

rwid Active Member

Still haven't been able to fly outside yet. But, I did an experiment inside. I modified the battery bay to except a 3000mah battery and flew it inside my house. It flew for exactly 21 min. before the lights stated to flash. As soon as the lights started to flash, the drone immediately descended. There is no low voltage warning. Just have to know your flight time.

4. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

5. rwid

rwid Active Member

Thanks. I will do that.

6. rwid

rwid Active Member

I installed the buzzer and am very pleased. I fly for 19 min before the alarm goes off. Leaves me plenty of time to land safely. I still have to test it with cameras. I hooked up the HG camera and it acted funny. It did't want to fly. Not that it didn't want to lift it, it acted all radical. Tonight I flew without the camera and it flew perfect even in heavy winds. I have a runcam 2 that I am going to hang from it and see how it does. I think something weird is going on with HG camera using the drones' power supply. The camera works fine on my other x8s and they fly fine with it.