SkyRC imax B6AC v2 and a Battery Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gene_Drone, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Gene_Drone

Gene_Drone Member

I got the charger today from Amazon. Looks like it has a lot of capabilities. There will be a learning curve. My first disappointment was that there was no connector for my H107c. Where can I get one?

Plus another battery question. I have using the charger that came with the H107c and a cheap charger that can do up to 6 batteries at a time. Is there a way to tell if a battery is shot. In other words can no longer take a charge?

Thanks in advance.

2. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

That's a micro Losi connection. Best bet is to buy something like this, because it will connect to the red JST-RCY connector that does come with the B6AC:

https://www.amazon.com/Hubsan-Quadc...r=8-63&keywords=5+to+1+LiPo+battery+connector

You can charge up to 5 of the same battery simultaneously. Charge at or below 1C x the number of batteries. For example, for 4 600mah batteries, you would charge at .6 amps (600 milli-amps) x 4 = 2.4 amps or lower.

mozquito1 likes this.
  3. Jeff Neese

Jeff Neese Well-Known Member

Rick M likes this.
  4. Gene_Drone

Gene_Drone Member

Thanks. Will the
    12-Port Parallel Charge Board for JST-XH & JST/Micro Losi
    handle my H501s too? Would be nice. Looking at the picture I think that the answer is yes. Again, thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

5. Jeff Neese

That board handles micro Losi and JST connectors only. You'd need an adapter for a H501s battery, which (I think) is called EC2 banana plug.

Something like this will let you charge your H501s batteries with the Imax, one at a time. That's a lot faster than the one that came with your quad, plus you can discharge batteries or apply a storage charge, which you can't do with the Hubsan-supplied charger.

https://www.amazon.com/Banana-Plug-Charge-Lead-Adapter/dp/B00XU6EHLY

6. Gene_Drone

Gene_Drone Member

Thanks. But I am confused. I clicked on the link and it took me to the Amazon item. It looks strikingly like the one that came with the B6AC. What am I missing?

7. Jeff Neese

Did your Imax come with a cable that's compatible with that type of connector? I don't remember, but I don't think mine did. I don't have any batteries with that connector so I'd have to check if I got one with the charger. If yours did, you don't need to buy one.