One motor sounds weird and shakes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cowgur, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Cowgur

Cowgur New Member

hello all .

I have a quad 350 qx . I / it took a pretty hard wreck other day . After a few days of not flying one of the motors has a grumbling noise and shakes the Drone bad where it won't fly . Haven't torn into it yet . Before I take out the 3,000 screws (ha)
    Curious if anyone has had this problem before ?
    Thanks A lot !
    K

2. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

there is possibly debris in it or the bell is bent some and the magnets are rubbing at certain points.

3. Cowgur

Cowgur New Member

Thanks for your info . If bell bent u think it's easy fix or should I replace ?

4. DrAbsurd

DrAbsurd Well-Known Member

Replacement time if bent.

5. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Bent prop, bent Bell or debris in it.

6. mozquito1

Something sounds off balance.

7. LoneRCRanger

LoneRCRanger Well-Known Member

A crash has some interesting effects on a quad! The guys above know what they are talking about.

8. mozquito1

New Bell, if the magnets haven't come loose they probably will after bending it back & you'll never get it like it was. Get a new one put that on & chuck the old bell away but not the motor. These can be used again. You may fry a motor in future. So you can just put the bell on the old motor.

9. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Could just be crud, the first thing to do would be run water with a hose through it while running it.

Dugdog47 likes this.
  10. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

How about spraying down with WD-40 while it's running?

11. Cowgur

Cowgur New Member

Wow. All you guys rock . I never thought in million years I would have so many replies . This site is amazing and thanks so much ! Is their a way to post a video on here to show you all what it is doing ??
    It fires up just fine ... when I throttle up it starts out good then goes crazy for a second and fine again then crazy again ... thank you all .

12. mozquito1

Post a link to Utube.