Nexus 7 LCD conversion for FPV monitor

Discussion in 'Experimentation' started by roger jones, Feb 18, 2018.

1. roger jones

roger jones Well-Known Member

I have been doing some reading on FPV and have found a YouTube video for converting a vehicle reversing LCD for FPV.

My question please, is have you heard of anybody converting an old Nexus 7 screen for this?

Mine is old enough now to take apart to have a look, but I did not want to reinvent the wheel if this has already been done. I suspect this would be more for indoor use, as I it never did like sunlight.

Thank you for you thoughts positive or negative. :)

Update: looks like there is some potential, as it works with the Mavic Pro.

Just noticed a comment on the same video.
    "19schuey unfortunately the 2012 Nexus 7 is not that great with the Mavic. When they report compatibility with the Mavic they are refering to the 2013 Nexus 7. I just want you to be aware of this lest you have surprises when you try to fire up the Mavic the first time."

Oh well, almost a good idea :)

That's me done for the weekend. Have a good week all.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

This is off topic, although it is quad related. It's not run of the mill components. So I don't think you would get much help. I'm not saying you can't post its just not somthing I see much after nearly 3 years on here. I could be wrong.
  3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Video is totally unrelated, they are talking about compatibility as it relates to the tablet's android OS processing speed as the device on a Mavic (and other DJI products) is used for video display but more importantly for running the Go4 app that controls the Mavic. You're better off just buying a cheap monitor goggles that are designed for your purpose
  4. roger jones

Can't see how to remove a thread I have started. I assume its an admin task? Please Bin this.
  5. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

No need, you are just asking questions.
  6. roger jones

I have now seen the off topic thread so I guess that is what the guys were on about. :) I.E, I posted it in the wrong place? If so feel free to move it? :) Not precious, just easily excited.
  7. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Hey write what you want, I'm no moderator or anything. And I only meant it's sort of off topic of drones. You would be better off looking at a specific subject.
    You could catch lucky & find your answer. I however ain't got a clue about lcd's.
    If an lcd's can't run off - +signal, I'm screwed, I took this hobby up wanting to fly but there is so many different aspects, I said the other day the fpv could be a hobby on its own, the actual fun bit, flying. Then the maintenance side.
    I just thought wiring a phone screen is a bit more miss than hit. If anyone can help the guy :cool: man. Good luck.
    roger jones likes this.
  8. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Your post is drone related.
  9. roger jones

No worries mate I was just googling and found some simple mods for a 7 inch screen, but because I have a nexus and the guy just plugged it in I ran off with an idea but the more I read into it it is not a likely easy option. Maybe we need a space for random thoughts as we do have quite a bit mixed in the threads on FPV. Do may of you fly FPV?

All good just getting a feel for the site. So far so good. Thanks all for the welcome and comments on my posts.
  10. roger jones

FPV to a laptop.

Nexus is so yesterday
  11. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

Moving to Off-Topic as requested.
  12. roger jones

No drama @GJH105775 , but thanks for the post. Report button noted.
    I was just getting used to the site. My understanding has moved on now. I thought initially it was in the wrong place, so I said feel free to move it as required. I think we are happy it can stay now. :)