New Rules from the CAA UK quad fliers please read

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by holtneil, Jul 22, 2015.

1. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C631 @ 2ROPS Moderator

FPV without goggles pretty much ruins FPV hahahaha. Glad I'm in the US I suppose, but that is a little bit of a buzz kill.

2. Quest

Quest Well-Known Member

I am in the US and this is a new requirement by the FAA, LOS only, goggles are not allowed any longer. Designers are developing FPV monoculers now.

3. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C631 @ 2ROPS Moderator

Not entirely the case. Most of restrictions on hobbyist are advisory in nature (the height cap for example as long as you're not violating any other airspace restrictions ).

The little agreement that you have to do to register is very questionable. Most attorneys I've asked about it say it could go either way, though more likely to be interpreted as a list of guidelines. Coupled with all of that the way the registration guidelines were passed may not have been legal but that does not really affect what you can do right now.

http://jrupprechtlaw.com/myrupprecht-laws-analysis-of-the-faas-published-drone-registration-rule

4. mozquito1

mozquito1 i built a quad, & the damn thing flies.

I thought fpv with goggles is legal with a spotter in UK. I've only been out once with goggles(in the middle of nowhere) on my own. Only had 2 lipos @the time now I got 6 so I'm taking a picnic next time, haha.

GJH105775 likes this.
  5. mozquito1

mozquito1 i built a quad, & the damn thing flies.

I live right on the boundary of the blue area around the closest Airport on the no fly drones site. Read all NOTAM notices & try to fly no where near people. They tend to say what I'm doing is illegal or ask questions which puts me off. So I just mention CAA & notams references, it usually shuts em up.

GJH105775 likes this.
  6. siberoom

siberoom New Member

Hi everyone, how to buy supplies for my project?

7. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

HI i think your be ok with googles the local police may not know all the laws , but your ment to use a monitor and a spotter , and cant go over 400 feet up 400 feet out , I stick to 60 feet near an airport , I fly on land owned by the Guy who writes the law for the CAA , so I have to fly by the book , but out in the middle of now where I relax a bit, just remember if you course problems to others it will came back and bite you in the butt

8. Gabriel Yee

Gabriel Yee Well-Known Member

Well it is kind of obvious that one should not fly near an airport but usually I get in trouble flying near people...It seems people just hate a drone whizzing nearby. Or they just gather around to ask for a "test flight"

9. Quadcopter102

Quadcopter102 Well-Known Member

I read online that's Sweden had banned drones with a camera - without a license! ( that should bring tears flooding out all over DJI's office floor...)
    I suppose for a country where they have an image of wandering around naked - it may seem logical - BUT I suggest its more a case of - To hell with privacy invasion... more money for the governments Christmas party booze bill!
    Next will be a ban on Lipos over 1500MaH - unless you buy a license maybe!
    Which country will take up this money maker next?