Little Quad Lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pdmike, Feb 9, 2018.

1. pdmike

pdmike Extremely Popular Member

Then you're not paranoid. Focus, Moz, focus ......

mozquito1 and Spork like this.
  2. Zoe Salinas

Zoe Salinas Member

I've seen and had these kind of experiences before, and it is heart breaking. I use extra gps tracking device now and attach it to my drone, and double checking my pre-flight so it won't happen again

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

There's a geezer on YT George Cooper.
    He not having any luck, his quad is on a roof somewhere & the owner won't let him get up. I'm not sure but he done a review on the lumenier uxxi, then lost it.
    Now he just lost another.
    Lesson learned, err no.

4. Zoe Salinas

Zoe Salinas Member

Btw, I use a Trackimo, the device tracker I mentioned commenting here on your thread. You should check it out, I love their features

5. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

My next FPV racer doesn't have a beeper. This is not a good thing. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy and install a beeper or just stick a Trackimo (or equivalent) on it, and just how accurate that thing will be compared to walking a field and listening for the beeping noise.

6. mozquito1

Drones that use GPS RTH normally land back within a couple or feet or meters.
    That trackimo thing is too big for an acro quad. The best I've seen is the dronekeeper mini. I've never had a buzzer on a quad & touch wood, I've never lost one either. But once they get some back in stock I'm buying a few.

7. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

The times I have used a switched beeper to find a quad, I probably would have found it eventually without the beeper. It's the "probably" that makes me uneasy. :D

8. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

I'd probably lose the beeper.

mozquito1, Spork and Rick M like this.
  9. Zoe Salinas

Zoe Salinas Member

Haha! Good one @KentA

10. Dago Barb

Dago Barb Member

I have a small Akaso 200 that I lost down in the canyon. It's black and green, stupid colors that don't stand out in bushes. Anyway, it caught a thermal and went down somewhere in the canyon, but the camera was on. There was an upside down image of dry grasses and dirt, so looking at the canyon, one area has pine trees. The middle has native bushes. On the left is a small trail, and the only place that matched the image.

I found it, upside down, on the trail! Whew!

KentA and Rick M like this.
  11. mozquito1

12. Dago Barb

Dago Barb Member

Hello! Hello! Hello!

Cracker?

13. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

[​IMG]

Welcome!

14. pdmike

pdmike Extremely Popular Member

The owner won't let him go up and get it? Why not?

15. mozquito1

His own business & probably being funny. Cops told me once I was casing a joint till I showed him my footage, lucky as normally I'm in the middle of nowhere & can spot anyone for a mile or two. If I go over my height by accident or do any dodgy manoeuvres the SD goes away sharp & fresh one goes on. I was at B&Q carparks when the rozzers sneakily crept up beside me, with a we've had reports it looks like your casing the joint. I laughed & said if I wanted to case the joint as you put it
    I would come when it's open,
    I hadn't been out for a few weeks & punched out longer than needed, showing off & giving a good view. So I landed after that lipo & swapped sd & was half way through a 128gb. So I said to ol Colombo I been here 40mins or so you can check all my footage. Then got nosey about my kit.
    All my short range legal quads, well ones I fly around concrete, tarmac got all the old kit on. The stingy and tweaker are my little cows, they only like grass or the odd sand bunker o_O yes sand bunker. Don't ask but it's still better than water or concrete. :eek:

Spork likes this.