I'm searching for the LOUDEST buzzers...

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by True911, Dec 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. True911

True911 Member

Awhile back I decided to mount buzzers on everything, but I didn't realize there was much variance between them. The batch I received makes noise but I can barely hear it over the flying quad, while I've heard others that were ear-splitting. Does anyone have suggestions for a source from your own experience?

Thanks!

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

3. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

See if you can source the beeper that is on the drone keeper mini. That thing is loud,
    Check it out on YouTube.

4. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

Hey True............I use these and they are LOUD. I use it for two things. Low voltage alarm(you can set it) and also if my quad goes down and I'm not sure where it is, all I have to do is wait a while and when the battery gets low, it goes off and I can find my quad..........

5. mozquito1

There is a setting on it, although may be a different model. If it is motionless for a predetermined amount of time,then it should sound off. Last time I tried to buy one, non was in stock. & another I didn't want to put my card details in.
    Only use PayPal.

6. mozquito1

Highest dB I seen is 95. They must be louder. 120 maybe.

7. True911

True911 Member

Thanks guys, I'm looking at all these options.

Jackson, I'm not sure I trust the db rating any more than I trust an ad for a 5000mah 18650, which is why I'm asking for personal experience suggestions. Thanks though, all those options out there mean I should be able to find something good...

dragger, did you have a link or a name for me? I think you're referring to the cheap low-voltage battery alarms. I am thinking of stealing the buzzers off them and using them directly, and yes, I've strapped these on quads in the past that didn't have any sensing onboard. They are quite effective.

mozquito, I'm just looking into the details on the dronekeeper, I remember reading about it. Hope I can find its components, thanks.

8. mozquito1

I came across a blueprint sort of for the dronekeeper mini. With all its bits opened out. I will try find it again. After work.

9. True911

True911 Member

Ignore this post, I'm just getting to my minimum so I can post a link...

10. True911

True911 Member

11. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

FYI, I clicked on that link and got a malware warning?????????

12. True911

True911 Member

I get that a lot from the Chinese sites, not sure what to do about it. Here are the actual pictures, if they post here - I'm not intentionally feeding bad links!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Not a problem, could also be the filtering at my end

14. True911

True911 Member

Thanks!

15. dragger201

dragger201 If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? You kidding?

16. True911

True911 Member

Right, that's it. I've seen them as low as $1.50 if you don't need them in a hurry. I'm going to try to rip a couple apart and see if I can use those buzzers directly (are they 5v, will the leads still be accessible, etc.)

dragger201 likes this.
  17. mozquito1

I found it on nichemall. But it's only a 90db buzzer it says. I have 90db on a SPF3 but it doesn't sound anywhere near as loud a my friends dronekeeper mini.
    All the 120db are 12v. So that would have to run on a 12v bec if your pdb has one. But they are standalone buzzers.