Futaba 6ex on a Naze32 rev6

Discussion in 'First Build' started by Aran, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Aran

Aran Member

Guys please help!
    I am completely new to drone building. I have my first racer drone more a less finished. However, I'm trying to wire a old futaba R606Fs receiver to a new naze32 rev 6. Can this be done and if so can someone please explain the wiring to me. If not, is there a new receiver I can get for my old futaba 6EX (which has never been used). Thanks

2. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

So what have you tried? Futaba's use AETR 1234 for channel mapping, make sure you have chosen that in your FC software.

[​IMG]
    Note where it says Input rail can be used for PWM. Try taking a 3 wire cable from Ch1 on the your RX and hook it up (horizontally in this pic) noting the proper polarity, the center wire, Red, is always power , GND and signal colors can vary. Where it says CPPM will be the Ch1 (RX) signal wire. Then just use a single, signal wire only from your RX for the rest of the channels.

I think. :)

3. Aran

Aran Member

Thanks for your replay.
    So far I've done it all wrong LOL. I have soldered up the ground, 5v and the CPPM in to a servo plug into my receiver, thinking this was setting up PPM. Clearly not.
    Are you saying I have to run a individual cable from 1 to 4 on the input rail to my receiver?
    Thanks again

4. Jackson

That 3 wire combo would plug into Ch1 (observing polarity) of the RX.
    No. Ch1 is already done, per above. You now would run single signal wires from your TX's 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 if you got it (aux channels). 5 could be for your flight modes, 6 could be for arming if you desire or something else.

I'm assuming your older RX is PWM only.

5. Aran

Aran Member

Yes I think it is only PWM. So all I need to do now is wire channel 2 to 6 onto 2 to 6 on my naze32?

I was thinking about upgrading my receiver. To one of these guys, I might be better of with one.
    http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/frsky-tfrsp-futaba-c-ppm-drone-compatible

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/frsky-tfr4-sb-3-16ch-2-4ghz-s-bus-receiver-fasst-compatible.html

The first one uses CPPM and RSSI and the second one uses S.Sub. will these work do you think and if so which one would I be better of with.
    Many thanks again!

6. Aran

Aran Member

Just want to say thank you Jackson, I followed what you said and got it working. Thanks for your help. The only problem I have now is my throttle seems to be backwards. When I push it up the bar on cleanflight goes down. When I push it down the bar goes up!

7. Jackson

Try fixing it with your TX. Look in your manual.

Fut rev..JPG
    Try it first on Ch3 which should be the throttle.

8. Aran

Aran Member

Thanks I'll give it a go and let you know