Explore El Nido – 4K Airborne

Discussion in 'Flight Videos' started by Raincast, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Raincast

Raincast Active Member

Hello all,

I’d love to share with you some airborne highlights of El Nido, Palawan! Of course, it’s definitely better in person so feel free to come and explore. If you can only visit one, though, I still recommend Coron, Palawan a bit more for reasons like Japanese shipwrecks and fish variety when snorkelling. I’m hoping you enjoy the video!

ArmyVet, Spork and KentA like this.
  2. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

Thanks for posting that, Raincast. As usual, it's beautiful footage. I also like your editing style. At first I didn't like that "scene jerk" thing you do, but as the video progressed I really started appreciating it.

Nice work!

Raincast likes this.
  3. Raincast

Raincast Active Member

Spork, I try to vary my edit styles by matching clips to song beats/melodies...
    - country-ish song for wedding with basic timing,
    - cinematic song for Fall montage with longer clips,
    - travel vlog-like stuff for beaches,
    - randoms for basic drone move tutorials.

For the vlog-like feel, I think some of my transitions seem a bit hip-hop instead? Maybe that's why it felt odd to you. I do feel that without these jerky cuts, the song might be a bit too upbeat for my slow drone movements haha. Thanks for the feedback!

Spork likes this.
  4. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

I think my expectations for video drone footage are different than typical freestyle drone footage.
    I really liked it and will learn how to do it myself, because it does seem very useful when used in the right places.
    Thanks for the eye opener.

Raincast likes this.
  5. Raincast

Raincast Active Member

I think it's more of preference too. I've had some people tell me my clips shouldn't be too short as every drone clip has to be at least 5 seconds long for the cinematic feel haha. Maybe age is a factor too lol