Eachine Wizard, awesome or hype?

Discussion in 'Mini Quads & Racing' started by Dugdog47, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

I told Susie I was going to short my bootloader pins and flash my firmware. She says she likes when I talk dirty to her.:confused:

Gyro Doctor and Spork like this.
  2. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

:eek: ... It's likely the flashing your firmware the cinched it ... lol ... there's laws against
    flashing your firmware in public in North Carolina :D

Spork and Dugdog47 like this.
  3. Dugdog47

Update:

So my receiver finally shows up from the slow boat from China.

I hooked it up, binded it, then the real fun started.

Bricked the fcb twice, flashed the firmware twice, followed a few youtube videos and..........

........IT FLIES! It finally FLIES!!

Wow how good it feels to get your first ARF quad flying, I'm a computer illiterate dumbass yet I figured it out (with much help from youtube.)

You just have to keep at it.

First Wizard video pending........

Rick M and KentA like this.
  4. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

awesome or hype?

5. Dugdog47

After a couple backyard hover tests I'm leaning toward the awesome side!:D:D:D

KentA likes this.
  6. Dugdog47

7a44c7aa-ad62-433e-9747-2f0c63bb23d6.jpg
    I bought one one these upgraded BM3in1 3 In 1 Lipo Battery Monitor Low Voltage Alarm Signal Loss Buzzers but I have no idea how I'm supposed to hook it up. Any any ideas folks?

7. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

You picked a doozy.

Buzzer Capture.JPG

This is for F1: Voltage Display Function + F3: Signal Loss Alarm Function

The top connection to the LiPo (you should probably tap into the battery's balance plug) would give you a standard low voltage alarm (I'd set to 3.4V from the default 3.7V - note that should work per cell). The Signal Loss Alarm Function would also be a Discovery Buzzer Function if you turn off the TX.

Dugdog47 likes this.
  8. Dugdog47

So where it says plug "B" goes into the esc, should there be a port on the fcb that I plug it into?

9. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

edit:
    Sorry. misunderstood the question.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  10. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for over 45 years

It gets plugged into the RX at any (PPM) channel position corresponding to whatever switch you have assigned on the radio.
    For example, if you set up a switch on the radio for channel 6 you'd plug it into the position for channel six on the RX .
    That way if your quad gets lost you flip the switch and the beeper sounds. A peculiarity of this particular device is that
    one flip of the switch gets you only five beeps (as opposed to the usual scenario where flipping the switch turns on the
    beeper continuously), so you have to keep flipping the switch back and forth each time you want it to emit beeps.
    Kinda of a weird lost model setup if you ask me, but that's the way this works as I understand it. For the no signal alarm
    it's hooked up to the RX throttle channel and if there's no signal for more than sixty seconds you'll get two beeps, a pause,
    two beeps, etc non stop until you move the throttle stick. For the low voltage indication (the two loose wires soldered to any
    battery connection point) you'll get ten beeps, a pause, then ten beeps, etc. It can go off when the battery voltage momentarily
    sags (like during a hard "punch out" or something) but shuts off again as soon as battery voltage rises above the set point again.
    Please note: EDITED. :confused:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Dugdog47 likes this.
  11. Dugdog47

Thanks Gyro Doc, I'll be putting it in soon.

Last week I fired up the Wizard, and wouldn't you just know it, one of the motors won't spin. I took the chance that the motor was actually the problem (it just didn't sound right) and ordered some new ones.

Replaced the faulty motor, we are back in the air!!!

Now the wizard is a very good design I like a lot, don't want to knock it........

........but the folks at eachine need to up their quality control.

WARNING: If you buy a wizard you might be forced to turn into an overnight drone mechanic. However necessity is the mother of invention so I welcomed the challenge. In fact I'm prepared to build my own quad now thanx to eachine's lax quality control.

Spork, KentA and Gyro Doctor like this.