Drone Park Coming to Houston!

Discussion in 'Flying' started by Drone Parks Worldwide, May 8, 2016.

1. Hello Quadcopter Forum,

Have you ever had trouble finding a place to fly? Or have strained to understand the ever changing FAA regulations?

Fear no more because Drone Parks Worldwide provides a safe, legal enclosed environment for drone pilots like you! The days of not being able to find a place to fly will be left in the past with our patent pending technology that enables drone pilots to fly free while still being protected.

Our Drone Parks will allow existing drone pilots and the general public to rent, fly, and race drones! We are planning to open our first park in Houston later this year.

To find out more about us, our mission, and our team check out our website: www.droneparksworldwide.com, follow us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/droneparksworldwide or join us on meet up at http://www.meetup.com/Houston-Drone-Meetup-Drone-Parks-Worldwide/

Safe flying!
    Drone Parks Worldwide

Attached Files:

2. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

Let me guess, you are also in favor of FAA restrictions that may eventually corral all quad flyers into locked in, patent pending sky cages where quad flyers must come to you to pay to fly.

Sorry, I just prefer open skies and freedom. At least if our overburdening, restrictive Govt continues to meddle in our lives, you will be all setup to take advantage of it. Good thinking! ;)

3. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C631 @ 2ROPS Moderator

These parks would likely be a good place to meet and fly in areas that might otherwise be restricted for flight (think of big cities or places where there are local laws preventing model aircraft), or even for those still learning in a more urban environment.

Sure the business would benefit for a short time if people had to come there to fly, but then as the hobby died down they'd lose a lot of business as the hobby became less convenient and more costly to newcomers.

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Pardon the pun, but I don't think your idea's gonna fly. Seen it all too many times with RC tracks. They have a lifrspan of about a year, then the novelty wears off.

GJH105775 likes this.
  5. Altsickeness

Altsickeness Quad Addict

You make a good point about urban areas, but I stand by my stubbornness. Ha Ha! I have the benefit of some open spaces and don't want city solutions creeping out here into the wide open skies. So by default I reject anything that appears controlled or limiting to freedom and specifically reject ideas that allow for someone to profit off of restriction.

6. Cliff. Johnston

Cliff. Johnston Active Member

Why??? Even in packed cities there are plenty of parks, school grounds in the off-hours, and parking lots. I suppose that in the central or ghetto areas there may be issues, but one can still hop a bus or subway to a flying area. In the inner city areas real estate is expensive. This in turn will make flying costly too.

While I admire your spirit of adventure, I question the financial aspect of it.

GJH105775 likes this.
  7. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

Houston may be a unique set of circumstances, but I don't see this concept as being longlasting elsewhere. In rural areas, there is too much available open space to to fly in on one's own private property, providing that common sense is exercised to not violate the FAA regs, for someone to consider such restricted flying. That is unless you're talking about an area with harsh winter weather conditions. Even in eastern US cities, finding a large open space such as a school athletic field not in use, a grass-covered city block where a factory or warehouse had been demolished, or even an abandoned smaller airport that nature hasn't reclaimed yet, are ideal places to fly as long as you don't do anything stupid that will attract the attention of local police patrols, such as "strafing runs" over traffic on a busy street, an expressway, or neighboring housing.

Cliff. Johnston likes this.