Do you tiny whoop?

Discussion in 'Tiny Whoops & Other Micro Quads' started by Mike, Nov 3, 2016.

1. maddmaxx

maddmaxx Member

Fair warning. The NanoQX2 is black. I was flying outside yesterday when I ran out of altitude in the fall leaves in my yard. Fortunately the camera had a good look at my back yard and I was able to watch myself walk up to where it was. I had to get within a couple of feet before these old eyes could see it half buried in the leaves. :D FPV seems to be good for many things.

I think I'm going to put a couple of patches of color on the airframe.

2. Gadget Inspector

Gadget Inspector I could go fishing, but I'd rather fly quads

Duly noted, thanks.

3. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Got my X909T last night. Very cute, it's like a tiny flying sausage hahaha. I must say though compared to some toy quads, the quality is excellent. It has lotsa nice features like headless mode and RTH and you can turn the LEDs on and off. Powered right up and video quality is great even on the little screen with excellent penetration even through 2 or 3 walls. And yes. it connected immediately to my EV800 goggles! Just have to play with the VTX channels as the colour is kinda washed out (only on the goggles) The only con I can possibly think of is that the transmitter has 20 buttons!!! This is going to be a great little guy to polish my FPV skills this winter
    http://www.banggood.com/MJX-X909T-X...&utm_campaign=tradetracker&utm_content=227736

4. maddmaxx

maddmaxx Member

Based on what I've seen here I ordered some parts from Banggood to see what I can do to improve both of my Inductrix setups. E10 frame, camera mount, props and camera. This is a new vendor for me but seems to be popular.

I've been using the Inductrix frame and it's light but very breakable. My non FPV Inductrix is currently built around a Rakon Frame. It's very nice but adds about a gram and a half. That's ok for non FPV but when you add that to the camera and mount it gets a bit heavy. Someday I will try their 7mm motor frame and motors but not quite yet.

Waiting on parts now. I'll try to post some pics when I'm building.

5. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

6. maddmaxx

maddmaxx Member

With regard to the Inductrix FPV board problem that I posted earlier: Horizon agreed that my original board was part of the problem and is sending me a replacement. The bad news is that the replacements are due in late January. For now that means 2 min flying times for that tiny whoop even after removal of the canopy and the installation of what seem to be better motors. I'm still waiting on parts from Banggood to rebuild my regular Inductrix for FPV.

With a bit of practice I seem to be getting the hang of flying FPV. In my case a slight trim adjustment so that I drift slowly forward toward what I can see made life much easier.

7. maddmaxx

maddmaxx Member

The Banggood order came in and there are mixed reviews. The camera is great, the motors will go in the next project or rebuild, the props are good but because of the packaging both eachine frames were bent as was the metal camera mount. For the time being it looks like I will be building around the stock Inductrix frame and the Race Tek camera mount when the new control board comes in late January.