Camera does not work on new Hubsan H501S x4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bladerunner, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

Hi. Only flown the drone once. It flies excellently. No complaints at all except I cant get anything from the camera. I have inserted a brand new SD card (the right way) and tested the SD card in another camera. The card works fine.

The drone transmitter screen recognizes the SD card. FPV/ Camera view on the screen is fine. The screen camera functions all work as per manual i.e: photo and video buttons, and video recorder timer on screen all working. Also when you operate photo and video buttons, a blue light on the base of the drone comes on and goes off in conjunction with on/off operation of the buttons, which I hoped meant that the camera was working. Since the drone’s one and only flight, I have tried many times indoors to get the camera to work to no avail. If anyone has any advice, I will be most grateful.

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

How are you trying to play back images?

3. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

Thanks for reply. SD card out of drone and into ordinary camera, then into laptop. I know the card is OK because I have taken pictures using it in the ordinary camera and then viewed them on the laptop no problem.

4. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Hmmmm sounds like a dead camera ,may have to send it back for replacement. The only other thing I can think of is that the card is incompatible. Is it a Class 10?

5. Bladerunner

Bladerunner New Member

Yes, logo at top of card packaging says "Speed up to 98MB/s**" with a 10 in a circle at the top i.e: (10). I take it that means it is a class 10 card?
    I think you are right that the camera may be dead.

6. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

FWIW it's not unusual for some devices to be a bit picky.
    What brand and how many gigs?