Bugs 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roger jones, Dec 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. roger jones

roger jones Well-Known Member

My Bugs 3 arrived on Christmas Eve.

Battery is now on charge, 1st flight planned for Saturday.

I have a couple of Turnigy 1.8mah batteries that look like they may fit with a plug adaptor. Any thoughts please?

Roger

2. LoneRCRanger

LoneRCRanger Well-Known Member

Hope your voltage is right for your bug and batteries.

3. roger jones

Not got that far yet. The one it comes with will get me going. Only considering these as they are sat on the bench from a stalled build.

These are 3 cell 11.1v compared to 7.4v of the stock battery.

4. Caino

Caino New Member

I'm interested to see how you go with the 3S batteries compared to stock as I'm a new owner of a Bugs 3 myself.

I read an article that higher voltage means the motors rpm will be higher?

5. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

You can use the 3S. You WILL notice the difference, lots more punch!

Jackson likes this.
  6. LoneRCRanger

LoneRCRanger Well-Known Member

I think that the voltage will be too high. The voltage should be the 7.4. The power comes from the miliamps. Those higher volts could burn out something.

7. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Lottsa boobtoob videos of guys flying Bugs 3 on 3S

8. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Tigger's RC Reviews has been in contact with MJX. Bugs 3 is 3S capable, Bugs 2 is NOT.

9. roger jones

83448C49-AC31-4938-BD1C-20660EB899A3.jpeg Thanks Jackson, that is good news and gives me two more batteries. All I have to do now is master my beast of a charging contraption. Then easier job to solder up XT60 to XT30 connectors.

10. roger jones

First indoor hovering. Big step up from my toy drone, but she felt very controllable.

Calm on low revs, bit like me VFR but your can feel there is more to give. As I improve I think this drone will be even more fun. Best £49 I have spent in a while.

11. roger jones

CA7A1A5F-F666-492B-B1D9-5AE63A2303FA.jpeg First flight went well today, couple of bounces but she took it well.

Needed a box to transport her in. Never going to win prizes for looks but it will do for now. Almost finish getting the shape together and the Bugs is tied down.

Attached Files:

12. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Looks like you spilled your tea on it,
    Bolognese anyone.

roger jones likes this.
  13. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Yo @roger jones why did you tie down the bugs? Looks sad like that lol.

14. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Its a beast, he has no cage.

Dugdog47 likes this.
  15. roger jones

LoL @mozquito1 @Dugdog47

While my home built box has a lid it was to stop the beast moving in transit and trying to escape.

To be fair a mod with some foam in the lid would pin it down and look better, so thanks for the feedback.

My second battery arrived this week so I can start to look at the storage compartments for the box next.

More legs and prop guards in order. Swapping out for red on the front legs and guards.