XK X300 prop replacement problem

Discussion in 'RTF Modification & Repair' started by Ryansson, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Ryansson

Ryansson New Member

Hi guys
    I'm a noob to quads and bought a toy grade just to get me started. The XK had great reviews and I ordered one from ebay, took a month to arrive from China and against my better judgement took it out in to the garden for a brief flight when the wind had dropped enough.

Cut a long story short the quad drifted into a willow tree and I snapped a blade. Luckily it came with spares but I can't get the screw to bite, not even with the original prop. It's goes in fine without prop so know it hasn't stripped but without excessive force that could break gears I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

A quick video and/or photos would be helpful if you can post one/them.

Ryansson likes this.
  3. Ryansson

Ryansson New Member

First image showing that the screw isn't stripped. Second shows 'notch' that fits over shaft and third showing how the screw should be. Hope that helps.

Attached Files:

4. Rick M

IIRC, the shaft on the main gear for that quad is hex shaped and the prop hob is as well. The screw just passes through the center of the prop hub and "bites" in the top of the main gear shaft?

5. Rick M

Are you sure the prop is seated all the way down on the main gear shaft?

6. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Your explanation is quite confusing, if it goes in fine where does the 'excessive force,' come in?

7. Rick M

It sounds like the screw may not be passing through the hole in the prop itself to get down to the threads on the main gear shaft. If that's the case, you might just need to enlarge the hole in the prop hub very slightly. The prop is kept from spinning on the hub by the hex shape of each of the two parts.