Wltoys v686k remote control problem

Discussion in 'RTF Modification & Repair' started by Mark Williams, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Mark Williams

Mark Williams New Member

I got the WLTOYS V686K for Christmas, one of the trim buttons won't reset, the trim is stuck in the full "up" position. I can't find any product website and because it was purchased in October the return period had expired. Any suggestions?

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

Don't buy anymore cheap toys.
    Seriously though not much is known about these boards because they change all the time. & who in the western world speaks Chinese or even find a Chinese website with the info on. Other than a China man. What is in a badly written manual is most likely what you will find online in a pdf file. You could maybe try the WLtoys website if they have one.
    Or just wait it out till someone on here knows.

3. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi try banggood.com they do have sum toy quad transmitters without quads

4. Mark Williams

Mark Williams New Member

Ok, based on these 2 replies and the fact I can't return it anyways, I took it apart and tapping on the switch I got it to reset back to center. I also found a new remote on eBay for $32. I'm thinking that after a few days with this one I'll be hooked and ready to find a better one. This is addicting pretty quickly. Walmart is the seller but it's a third party deal meaning no help there. If I want to upgrade without going stupid, any suggestions?

5. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

What's your budget and what do you want to do with it? (something sporty to buzz around with or something more stable for video recording)

6. Mark Williams

Mark Williams New Member

Just something to fly around the yard and generally goof off with. More or less a toy for a 50 year old fat grandpa...

Davey59 and Jackson like this.
  7. mozquito1

spectrum tx's, there is now a little board you can buy that will work with any WLtoys drone. Not sure if it's just DX transmitters.

8. Jeff Neese

Jeff Neese Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but do you mean Spektrum? WLToys quadcopters are not DSM2/X compatible and won't work with Spektrum transmitters.

9. Jeff Neese

Jeff Neese Well-Known Member

If you got your transmitter joystick unstuck and it's working now, the V686 is a fine quadcopter for flying around the yard and having fun with. You might want something more advanced later, but for now what you have is perfect. Learn to fly it well before you invest in anything more advanced.

Jackson likes this.
  10. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

There are multi-protocol modules available to add on to FlySky, Frsky, and Spektrum transmitters. They support many of the common manufacturers' protocols and aren't too expensive.

Another option is the Jumper T8SG multi-protocol transmitter. It is well made, affordable, and supports Flysky, Frsky, Spektrum, and a ton of other "toy" protocols. If it supported the MJX Bugs series, I would already have one. I may buy one anyway, because it will fly everything else I own except my DJI bird. Once you have that Tx, you can buy any BNF quad and just set up a model for it and go.

mozquito1 likes this.
  11. mozquito1

The spectrum DX range, you can by a little board that will work with all WLtoys. It's a mod so you would void any warranty.

12. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

I assume you mean a new quad, no reason to just upgrade your radio.