1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Wives and helis dont mix

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by holtneil, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

Ah yeah those tanks are so cool. The two figures in the vid are amazing! True craftsmanship. Theres not enough time for all the hobbies I'd love to get into. I will eventually do a nice trainset but thats probably gonna be when I retire but I know I'll always be somehow involved in modeling, be it rc or whatever.

2. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Yes I know what you mean its hard to find the time me and my wife Kayak , do Archery with Recurve bows as this is harder than compound , Fly helis and quads she has just start CP helis so I am teaching her this takes time , so no room for anything else lol

3. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

Archery! Very cool. Never heard of a recurve bow, I'll look it up. Your wife is lucky to have you to train her in helis. I can imagine how hard it is to find a trainer. Sounds like youve got your hands full :) thats awesome

4. holtneil

I remember when I was learning the cost as about £30 for 20 seconds , then i would crash and have to rebuild
    Recurve bow is what they use in the olympics

5. DuaneM

DuaneM Drone? I don't see any drone ... crap!

Holy Crap that's cool! (the robots in the video)

6. holtneil

Yes they are great all done with servos and a board that has a movement program he writes for the correct movements

7. Gyro Doctor

Gyro Doctor Electronics Tech for 45 years

o_O That tank crew is pretty awesome !

I can't imagine all the fiddling with the radio that would be needed to have everything working at once
    like controlling the crew while controlling the tank would require :D

8. holtneil

The Crew does set moves the program card controls them so once the battery is plugged in they start and keep going till you unplug or till the battery runs out

Gyro Doctor likes this.
  9. Gavin Hobbs

Gavin Hobbs New Member

One badass quadcopter you got there!

10. choysk6564

choysk6564 New Member

wow....cool thing!!