1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Winds!

Discussion in 'Flying' started by Squirrel1138, May 30, 2017.

1. Squirrel1138

Squirrel1138 Member

I just got a Phantom 3 standard and I'm nervous fling in winds. When is wind to high for certain size crafts? Is there a cheap doohickey I can use to determine wind speeds? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. mozquito1

mozquito1 Summer's over, where's my thumbless gloves

Just get out there & take it easy. I find it adds a bit of fun. But if my app says 20mph+ I give it a miss.

3. Squirrel1138

Squirrel1138 Member

Your app tells you wind speed? What do you fly?

4. mozquito1

mozquito1 Summer's over, where's my thumbless gloves

I fly these but I meant just my phone weather app. IMG_20170513_192846953-1024x575-1024x575.jpg

5. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

I'd also recommend UAV Forecast. It seems to work pretty well and has the advantage of showing winds aloft. You can set the altitude for the wind reading, so if you are going to be flying at 400' AGL it will display the forecast winds at that altitude. It's available for both Android and iOS.

yay likes this.
  6. Joren

Joren New Member

first of all mozquito1 you have really nice quadcopters but I don't know where I can ask a question... thats why I send this message sorry for saying it here...