What omnibus F4?

Discussion in 'Parts & Components' started by mozquito1, Dec 21, 2017.

1. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

OK so I was out @ my spot & some guy saw a YT video I done a while back & came down to my spot. He had been a few times before but no joy in finding me. Very nice guy swapped birds, tips well more tips for me anyway. He asked what FCB I'm using I told him F3. Telling me the perks of an F4 he reached into a container & give me a
    From what I gather,
    Omnibus F4 fpv betaflight F4SD 3.2.0
    But I can't find any pin out diagrams other than what is on bangood or eBay. It's obviously a cloned board. But info is pretty scarce. Feel like a Noob but can anyone point out the 5v in pin.
    I'm about to switch my i6 to ibus for 10 channels. So the signal would go on rx6. Am i correct. IMG_20171221_145250539-768x1367.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. mozquito1

I can see the esc signal & ground wires go to the corners. I've got old spf3 boards with a rail for esc pins so one 5v wire can go on them. On this picture, buzzer & led are on the left. Video in&out for osd on the right, the bottom only seems to provide 5v to rx. So is it next to the arm chip bottom right corner.
    There is a jst-xh for an AIO esc. I could supply 5v through that as I have separate esc's.

3. mozquito1

Oh boy have I been busy. Just downloaded the standalone betaflight configurator off github grabbed some new drivers for this fcb & all is well.
    Except I still can't find any wiring diagram, other than basically pictures of the board. Which are all on bangood or ebay. So frustrating.

4. BL Swagger

BL Swagger Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. Everything I get off Banggood comes naked. No directions or papers of any kind for my FCs or other components.

5. mozquito1

I suppose I could supply power via USB then see which 5v pad is not giving any current. Which is likely the 5v next to led on the left side. Or near the bottom right of the arm. I don't know what ground & pwm pads are for on the back.
    this guy threw me a curve ball. :confused:
    IMG_20171221_233053344-1280x719.jpg
    IMG_20171221_233112093-1280x719.jpg

6. mozquito1

So upto now I'm thinking I can supply 5v to the either of the pwm pins on the back in the second to last picture. Took me long enough to figure out. Different lay out to what I've used before. So tomorrow I will just solder a chopped off 5v USB lead onto it. If It works it works if I dies I know not to ever buy one.

7. mozquito1

Well it's not the pwm 1-4 pins with a single ground wire, on the back. I just put a 5v on pwm1 & ground & nothing at all.
    Plugged USB in & power. So the multimeter is coming out before I power it via the jst xh.

8. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

9. mozquito1

They are indeed the very board cowboy, err I mean Jackson. But that's as much info as I can find. Seems to be a new clone. With not much info on it or not in English anyway. I don't do 4in1 esc's but seems like this is the only way to power it is through the jst xh socket. & if I put the signal wire on rx6, ground next to it & 5v on the 5v pin below it. Fingers crossed eh.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  10. mozquito1

Jst it is then. It's all good.
    I did have to download impulserc fixer. exe, but it all went smooth even with the standalone betaflight 10. If cleanflight don't up there game I may just end up with all betaflight birds. Shame I started on it but betaflight is ahead. If I don't break much next summer I may invest in a kiss setup, but I need a new pc really.

11. Jackson

mozquito1 likes this.
  12. mozquito1

Shipping tax to blighty would kill that deal. Would be about £250. B4 tax. Dang on the money I'd want to pay.
    I have to use the 55"TV in the bedroom as this is where my build area is. It's hard to see from my desk. The pc I got was a pc only. So around summer one of these would be perfect. Just have to dig around for one this side of the pond.

13. Jackson

That's too bad, many of their rigs are business class with better QC.

mozquito1 likes this.