Well did you fly today post videos here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by holtneil, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Are you e-cig, flashlight Robert?

Limited Supination likes this.
  2. lol Yes I am e-cig 5 Volt Detonator flashlight Robert..... haven't been called that in years!!! Whoa - who are you?

3. Jackson

Jackson USA member at large

Went by WillyB for many years. The early days (~2009) were a lot fun, when everything had to be made and everything had the potential of becoming a 'mod'. :)

Limited Supination likes this.
  4. ChromeFreeDisco

ChromeFreeDisco Well-Known Member

A bit quiet on here. I've been working towards something a bit special which I'll share with you all, but in the meantime here's something else that I've recorded but not done much with.

Pilot's eye view of a crash!

The receiver just cut out (fixed now) but the VTX kept on going giving me a perfect view of the crash.

ringolong and Limited Supination like this.
  5. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

Anna Maria Florida. Resized to upload.

DJI_09052r copy.jpg

6. ringolong

Siesta Key Florida.

DJI_0844r copy.jpg

7. ChromeFreeDisco

Kitesurfer off the Sussex coast.

[​IMG]

ringolong likes this.
  8. pixfli

pixfli New Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for the shameless plug, but we are trying to get a site we just launched today off the ground (pun intended) ;)

Just wondering if you all might be able to take a look? -- https://pixfli.com/

On August 1st, 2016 commercial drone use will be legal for all certified Aerial Photographers. The goal is to provide a spot for Aerial Photographers to showcase their talent and work projects/microjobs for those that need aerial photography for real estate, surveying, etc.

I hope to generate traffic to the site from Realtors who need aerial photography for their listings, but I will need some Aerial Photographers to sign up first - hope some of you can do this.

9. Benjinl

Benjinl Member

Whoa! I'm sorry for replying to an old post, but how do you manage to crash in the ONLY tree on that field?
    That's some tough luck, dude!

mozquito1 likes this.
  10. mozquito1

mozquito1 Smoking props, 3 packs a week the fun never stops.

Sorry no Vid but here's a few pics of where I live & fly & an arty one as have as a screensaver. VideoToPhoto 636076716577968486-1024x576.png IMG_20160825_195204-1024x1154.jpg

ringolong likes this.
  11. mozquito1

mozquito1 Smoking props, 3 packs a week the fun never stops.

It's easy landing in tree's. All you need is some pesky kids to put you off.

12. ChromeFreeDisco

I was practising doing turns around it. So when the receiver cut out I was heading towards it.

13. ChromeFreeDisco

Have fitted these long range antennas from FPVLR.com they have made a huge improvement to the extent that my range is now only limited by the battery. It's just a shame they look like one of Madonna's old bras!
    [​IMG]

Results are impressive though - check out this distance (x2 speed recommended)

ringolong likes this.
  14. ringolong

Nice!
    I added the dbs maxrange on mine, and have had mine out over 4 miles, and sweated the last 1000ft back due to battery level.

15. ChromeFreeDisco

I know what you mean, I've set my battery warning to 50% now and fly into wind on the outward leg.

16. ChromeFreeDisco

New personal best 4.1km. Nice calm day and I landed with 45% battery still.

ringolong likes this.
  17. ringolong

Siesta Key Florida. All filming on this one is performed with the P4.

Mike and ChromeFreeDisco like this.
  18. ChromeFreeDisco

Fireworks night, it had to be done!

ringolong and mozquito1 like this.
  19. Doc Kazoo

Doc Kazoo Never Too Old To Fly

Had a very nice test flight of a new quadcopter yesterday. The Potensic F15WH with altitude hold/hover functions and love it so far. Looks like another great entry level quadcopter. Handles 2-5 mph wind nicely.

ringolong likes this.
  20. EddyP

EddyP Member

Awesome quality. You are a brave man attaching your phone aha