Want to buy: Aerial Footage

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by T.C., Jan 21, 2018.

1. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Hey guys, right now I don't have a drone, however I need some unused aerial footage. By that, I mean it must not be posted on YouTube or any social media by yourself. I can't offer a whole lot, and if you wanna give me some freebies go ahead. ;) But I will pay a small amount.

I need aerial footage of nature like areas. Fields, forests, etc.

Let me know if your interested.

2. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Ya'll, holding out on me. :p

3. Spork

Spork There is no spoon

How much are you willing to pay?
    How long does the footage need to be?
    What other requirements do you have?
    Like, does a 10 second flyover some pine trees meet your needs?

I think answering these questions will get you more responses or maybe a recommendation.

You say you are looking for footage that's never been posted, so I assume you want to be able to use it commercially. Legally, if the person that does the project for you is getting paid, they need to be licensed. If I had to get a license and insurance on top of the expense of the drone, I wouldn't be giving out video for cheap. Just a guess, but it sounds like you would be better off buying an inexpensive quad and doing it yourself.

4. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Thanks for the reply. Technically, 10 seconds would be fine. But a few minutes would be preferable so I can edit, and use what I want. I want this footage for you tube, so no need for licenses. I should have specified the use.

And I had a super nice drone, but dropped it in a lake and was unable to retrieve it. That was a bad day. :(

5. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

I'd just like to note that if you guys have any footage that you took as a part of the hobby and had no intent on selling at the time of the flight this is a great opportunity to sell it and make a tiny bit of money without your part 107 ;)

6. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

This reads like an FAA sting.

7. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C6 Moderator

I'd suggest making the transaction in PM, but you are should have no issue selling footage that you took not intending that it would be used commercially.

Just like to note that I am not a lawyer and that this should not be used as legal advice.

8. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

As far as anyone is gonna know, it will be my footage. Not that it's gonna be used "commercially" anyway. Anyone interested, shoot me a quick message.

GJH105775 likes this.
  9. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

I have A LOT of unused footage filmed with an x5s that you can have for free. All you want is trees?

10. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Whatever you have, trees, fields, water, etc. Thank you. I will pm you my e mail.

11. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Still searching for some "field flyover Footage," and am willing to pay for it.

Thank ya gents

12. Dugdog47

Dugdog47 Well-Known Member

Are you an FAA agent?

Attached Files:

13. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Haha, he's onto me. :p

14. ringolong

ringolong Well-Known Member

What type of field?

15. T.C.

T.C. Active Member

Any "wild" fields. Just not of corn, beans or any crops planted by people.