UPDATE!! EACHINE FALCON 250 FELL IN THE POOL!

Discussion in 'RTF Modification & Repair' started by mejori, Dec 12, 2016.

1. mejori

mejori New Member

Hello,

I am new to the forum and to quads. I recently purchased a eachines falcon 250.. I let my brother take it for a spin and into the pool it went (5' deep), but before it fell into the water it hit the deck causing the battery to unplug which I believe is a good thing. Right now I have completely disassembled it and am letting it air/dry out. I was going to use cleaning duster spray(canned air?) to get any moisture out. I have not plugged a battery yet to see if it works. I thought I would wait at least a week.+

Any advice or suggestions?

2. Wildwelder

Wildwelder Well-Known Member

If there was no power supplying it when it hit the water then I think youre in good shape. Youre doing the right thing by waiting a week. Put it in a warm dry space and let it dry. Ill bet itll be fine. Good luck. Make sure anything like the fc and receiver arent holding moisture if they are enclosed.

Jackson likes this.
  3. mejori

mejori New Member

@Wildwelder Thank s for the reply.. I am leaving it my car on the dash all week (Florida sun);) I will update when I plug it in!!:cool:

4. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

Hi mate do as Wildwelder said .The motors will be good they can get wet powered up its the ESC and FCB you dont want powered wet,, what i would do is get a container with dish washer salt in it place this and the quad in a big clear plastic bag . Seal the bag so its air tight then leave where its going to get warm, the salt will pull any moisture from the quad and lock it in the salt
    then fingers crossed your be good to go after a while
    you can also use a interior dehumidifier pot the ones to trap damp

GJH105775 likes this.
  5. mejori

mejori New Member

@holtneil thanks, I will get some on my lunch.. never heard of this solution but since you posted I did some "research" and see why you suggested this.. thank you!!

6. Wildwelder

Make sure the Florida sun in that car isn't too hot and warps anything . Even if you leave it in the shade that warm breeze will dry it nicely.man I just got jealous!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    holtneil likes this.
  7. GJH105775

GJH105775 Avid Linux User, and U.S. Air Force 1C631 Moderator

Make sure that if you sanitize your pool with a lot of chemicals that are possibly conductive or if you use salt in the pool that you wash the parts off while they don't have any power connected (maybe even use soap, but unless it is something that water would not immediately remove I'd not use it in hope of avoiding the possibility that the soap would also leave something behind however that is unlikely).

The reason is that it may leave behind a thin coating that is conductive and can cause problems just as if it were still in water, or even a problem that does not show up immediately.

holtneil likes this.
  8. mejori

mejori New Member

So after taking it apart, blowing it out with canned air and leaving it on my dash for 3 days I got impatient and decided to put it back together.
    ..... IT WORKS!! I must say this thing is durable as heck with all the crashing I have done and it landing in 5 ft of water. I will update if I experience any weird glitches ..as for no it seems fine!! Thanks again for all your replies!

9. holtneil

holtneil Well-Known Member Moderator

That's great news

10. Wildwelder

Happy for ya bud! Fly on!

11. jake8131

jake8131 Active Member

Cover it in rice for a day. That will soak up the moisture.