1. NOTICE: We're currently noticing some EMAIL DELIVERY ISSUES to Outlook and Hotmail email addresses. If you're a new member and don't receive your confirmation email, feel free to reach out to us via the contact link at the bottom right of the page.
    Dismiss Notice

Troublesome Drone Purchase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guinnsquirrel, Nov 6, 2017.

1. guinnsquirrel

guinnsquirrel Member

Help required:

I am an amateur drone er. Loved flying my #WingslandM5, until it died (owing to a motor fault it had from the start).

I got a refund, bought another one direct from geekbuying.com. This unit arrived and I cannot get it to work. Imagery is not getting received on my phone app. Either the controller or drone are faulty. I guess I need to try and return and get a refund.

I have limited resources. Don't want to get a Hubsan. Can't justify the expense of a DJI. So where do I go from here? Really really genuinely loved the M5 when it worked. Should I get a third one, (third time lucky)?

2. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

You can try it, but the quality has been dicey on this quad from the start, as you have found. Another option would be looking for a new or refurbished Parrot Bebop 2. They go on sale once in a while.

guinnsquirrel likes this.
  3. guinnsquirrel

guinnsquirrel Member

Its annoying. I really loved flying the Wingland. Its fast, agile, funky looking. Just so annoyied with the build issues :(

4. RGJameson

RGJameson Hanging in there...

It certainly looks good in vid reviews, too bad about your problems.

5. guinnsquirrel

guinnsquirrel Member

Well... I managed to get a refund on my broken unit. Phew! I ordered a third one...