Time lapses with drone tutorial (Hyper lapses)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VicVideopIC, Jul 28, 2018.

1. VicVideopIC

VicVideopIC Member

How to shoot and post process drone hyperlapses with Lightroom and After Effects

2. Tentoes

Tentoes Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Thank you.

3. Tentoes

The spark doesn't seem to have all those settings. Or maybe I just haven't found them yet.

4. VicVideopIC

VicVideopIC Member

5. Tentoes

Ok. I found the photo settings. Get a charge on the controller and I'll try it.

6. Tentoes

I got the spark to shoot one. Every free, or even trialware video editor I've tried to use to assemble these has barfed. OpenShot, Filmoa, "Video Editor."

I have, in living memory, assembled videos from jpgs before. I've even split videos into jpgs, had a C# program load and alter them, then reassembled them.

Don't think I've ever tried it with this high a resolution. Maybe I'll scale the photos down and try again.

7. Tentoes

Finally found a program that could assemble them. I have "Hitfilm Express." Took all morning to find and download the free version.

Hmm. Sideways at 2.2mph is WAY too fast :eek:. I used tripod mode and just let it fly sideways snapping photos till it was out of range and flew back.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  8. wafflejock

wafflejock Well-Known Member

Pretty cool, wonder if this would help with stitching together the images and getting a smoother looking video out the other end http://slowmovideo.granjow.net/ I've only toyed with it here or there for slowing down video and it seemed to work pretty well but has been a while since I tried that too.

9. Tentoes

Well. Time Lapse is speeding up video so you can see something that happens slowly, like clouds building.

10. wafflejock

Right but the slowmo program really just tries to add in generated frames as in between from one shot to the next so still might be useful. Just imagine it could help with the jitter between frames.

11. TheJack

TheJack New Member

This is very cool. I never thought of doing this.

12. Tentoes

My thought is to send the spark up and let it move slowly until it comes home because of low battery or out of range.

13. wafflejock

A work buddy gave me an ardupilot board with GPS on it to test out so I'll probably be putting together a rig at some point to use that then this might be something I can play with too but for now my racing setup gets 5 minutes at best on a battery.