throttle up?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Patrick Blair, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Patrick Blair

Patrick Blair New Member

I have been watching loads of Drone video on he web, mostly the ones that say anyone can fly this one right out of the box. The weather has not been Drone friendly lately. But the arrival of a Hubsan H502T made me blind to NOT fly it, if nothing else lift off & hover about 6 ft. and land it.
    I had 12 satellites so I ease on the gas and just as I get it to over power the law. (gravity) it rockets straight up. It parked itself about 80 to 100 feet up in the night sky, and it didnt care what i tried to input in the controller. Knowing I shouldn't have put it there I freaked. Shortly I remembered to call it home, it complied. Lesson leanred.
    I have tried to lift off to a low hover 5 or 6 ft., no luck. My question is once you lift off do you let the throttle stick center its self ?

2. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

The first thing I learned is that when it says "flies right out of the box" it should really just say "fully assembled/no assembly required" as any multirotor, especially one with GPS, DOES require some initial setup and calibration. My first bit of advice would be to thoroughly go through the user manual until you become familiar with all the functions. Many a quad have been lost on initial flight, you're lucky that you had the presence of mind to actually hit the RTH and bring it back
  3. KentA

KentA Well-Known Member

Once you get it properly set up as RENOV8R suggested, yes, the throttle should center itself & the drone should hover when you let go of the sticks.

Since you said "the weather has not been Drone friendly", could the controller have been too cold & stiff to function properly?
  4. Patrick Blair

Patrick Blair New Member

Dont think the temp was a problem. More likely the problem was the operator, me. It was to cold and windy this past weekend so I tried to do some take off/hover and land again inside. I had 8 satellites, no luck. I have studied the owners manual, I think I need better weather and a bigger area to sharpen my skills.
  5. mozquito1

mozquito1 Well-Known Member

The throttle stick doesn't centre itself.
    If throttle is on the left, that's mode 2.
    And pitch & elevation are on the right these centre itself.
    If throttle is on the right & slack up & down, then that is mode 1.
  6. Patrick Blair

Patrick Blair New Member

second attempt.
    Got home from work this evening with plenty of sun light, light breeze temps in the 50tz. headed to a nice park that was devoid of people.
    Went thru calibrating the compass 1&2. Waited for 11 satellites, eased on the throttle, it lifted off until it got eye level, I let the thottle go and it sat right there for a couple of seconds, the with no input from me it went vertical again until I lost sight, it ignored my RTH. I would spot it and then loose it again. I watched and listened, I knew the battery had to be dead and the transmitters last height reading was 270. never saw it come down or i never heard it crash.
    I started walkingt he park looking in the direction the wind was blowing. Just started to give up looking for it when i spotted it. I would guess 100-150 feet from where it launched from. It must have came down in failsafe mode, it was setting upright no damage.
    Here comes the question, the owners manual says the binding was done at the factory, if I need to bind it again, would it still fly after I completed the calibrating ?
    ok third try, this drone only knows how to go up, and ignores the transmitter.
    HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. Rick M

Rick M Absent-minded professor

Video this, then contact the seller with a replacement request.
  8. RENOV8R

RENOV8R Well-Known Member

Agreed, sounds like a possible faulty IMU. Either that or it's trying to find it's way back to China (RTC mode)